General discussion

• Do a search for the following file:

6156_Vista_Beta.zip

Download from RealTek's site.

This is the one with ALC850 support.

RaXeT

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 1:45 PM

All replies

• That driver has been on Realtek's site since August. If you go to the download page for the AC97 drivers you will see it at the bottom of the listing for windows. It has 2 problems, after install you get a message from vista saying the driver was not built for Vista and to check the site for a set of drivers that are, and You have no control over anything, ie, speaker configuration, output and input configuration, No Mixer, the speaker testing and configuration is Vista's not Realteks and it does not reconfigure from stereo to 4 speaker. And finally, when you do make changes they are only saved for that current session, on restart it defaults back to stereo.
    I have tried many fixes, hacks, and instructions I have found on this site and none have changed these problems. I have even sent an email to Realtek with my system specs as well as my MSDN ID and have not heard anything back yet.

Glenn
    Wednesday, September 13, 2006 2:40 PM
  • Yes, I noticed what you experienced. But hey, just to get sound for 64 bit marginally working is (for now) all I care about. :)
    Thursday, September 14, 2006 12:19 AM
  • I cant seem to download this which is abit off a problem.
    Thursday, September 14, 2006 7:54 AM
  • There are 3 download links on the actual download page at RealTeks website. site 2 is ok, site 3 seems to be the fastest of the 3 to download the file.

Glenn

Thursday, September 14, 2006 4:33 PM
  • I'm having the same problem

FYI - Realtek just released an updated beta driver this week and I'm still having the same problem with the speaker settings not saving.

Saturday, September 16, 2006 7:49 PM
  • Realtek has a new vista Beta driver posted.  Driver number 6165, downloading now will post results after I install

Glenn
    Sunday, September 17, 2006 2:57 PM
  • Were you successful in downloading?  I can't get it to go more than 1-2 KB/sec on a fast cable connection!  And then it keeps stopping.
    Wednesday, September 20, 2006 2:12 AM
  • i have tried to install it and i find it is not very stable for the sound performance. sometimes the sound effect will become strange and you need to restart your pc in order to fix the problem.  I hope Realtek can release a newer version for the driver
    Saturday, October 21, 2006 12:13 PM