none
Rename Useraccoung in Active Directory AND local profile RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

we are using the follwing setup:

- Active Directory for user-accounts

- Local Profiles at each computer

- Redirect Desktop to C:\Users\%username%\workfolders\Desktop

- than syncing folder C:\Users\%username%\workfolders\Desktop with workfolder setup to fileserver

problem: if we rename a user (e.g. marriage) in AD and logon the user at the computer everything works fine, but the folder C:\Users\username remains the old name - it is not changing... also the profilepath in registry is not changing.

If we rename it by changing the folder C:\Users\username.old to C:\Users\username.new AND rename the profileimagepath in registry, than the workfolders are not working anymore.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 1:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your question.

Have you log in by using another administrative account to rename the "c:\user\folder" name?

And please check the the renamed user's sid to ensure you modify the registry path correctly.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\<User SID>\ProfileImagePath

Please follow the steps in the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2454362/renaming-a-user-account-does-not-automatically-change-the-profile-path

I have tested in my environment and works fine.

Best regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 7:38 AM
  • Hello,

yes, i logged in with adminaccount and changed everything correctly.

The problems seems to be the workfolder setup and not the profile renaming. if we rename the profile you are able to login, but workfolder sync is broken

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 8:45 AM