none
The RPC server is unavailable

Question

•  

Hi, I am new here and need some help and i hope i am in the right forum

My PC crashed and I decided to get an upgrade. So I got a 500GB hard disk and then started to install my windows XP media center.Everything worked fine and after finishing the installation I started to install other drivers. That is when the problem stated. As I had an ATI card I used the original CD to install the driver but the moment I clicked the install option this dialog box pops out

Setup fails to launch installation engine

And after that the installation close and that it. I tried other driver like my printer’s driver and it says the same. I can’t do much and really need your help. I also noticed that under Administrative Tools - Computer Management - under Storage, when I click on it a dialog pop up and says

Logical Disk Manager

My system
    Intel® Desktop Board DP965LT

Software
    Windows XP media center
    SP 2 installed

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 5:42 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

After much reading i found that my

Setup fails to launch installation engine

Was due to DCOM Service Process Launcher services status as stopped.

So i started the DCOM Service Process Launcher but after loading for a few seconds a diglog box pop and said

"Could not start the DCOM Service Process Launcher service on local computer

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

I then clicked ok and i noticed under the services status for DCOM Service Process Launcher as starting. So i start to install my ATI installation CD and it worked. However after i restarted the PC it says that the ATI software could not find the hardware. I then checked DCOM Service Process Launcher and found the services status as stopped

It looks like each time i restart my PC the DCOM Service Process Launcher service is stopped. Any way to get around this problem

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 1:55 PM