none
Updating to 1709 results in black screen on Sony KDL-46HX700 TV's connected through nVidia RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! 

After we update our HP Z420 computers to 1709, three of them which are all connected to Sony KDL-46HX700 TV's gets a black screen.

I've tried the newest nVidia drivers for our 760 GTX boards, but that doesn't help. I tried updating to the latest FW (2015) for the TV, but it didn't help. I've tried all ports on the TV, and none gives a signal.

We can VNC into the computers, and everything runs fine, except the TV's not getting signal even though Windows seems to think it's working.

The TV is connected through DVI, and a DVI->HDMI adapter into the TV.

This has never been an issue before, and reverting to 1703 fixes the problem. 

What exactly has changed with 1709 that would give this error? It makes no sense.

• Edited by DIY_glenn Friday, March 23, 2018 9:22 AM
    Friday, March 23, 2018 9:08 AM

All replies

• Have you tried updating Graphic Card driver and run it in compatibility mode?

Report this issue to NVIDIA and open start and search for feedback and open Feedback Hub and report this issue.

Friday, March 23, 2018 3:05 PM
  • Hi,

Did the black screen issue occur during downloading process, installation, or restart after install?

Please check if you could boot computer into Safe Mode environment with Network connection.

Please notice the Graphic driver version before update to 1709 and after update to 1709. Make sure computer use same version of the Graphic driver. If not, try to uninstall the driver and download again.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 26, 2018 10:54 AM
  • What exactly has changed with 1709 that would give this error? It makes no sense.

With HDMI connections?  Try VGA instead.  I think it is something other than video signals which is the problem.  E.g. there already was a problem with HDMI audio and others have reported seeing symptoms which make it look like content protection could be a factor (HDCP).  Also we are told that our adapters and cables may not be sufficiently modern (active-format?).  Otherwise MWDA still works.

BTW have you tried using the magic bullet (my mnemonic for) Win+Ctrl+Shift+B (entered more than once with psychic pauses)?  Otherwise more understandably we can get a video system refresh by using the Project dialog to change the display configuration, e.g. press Win+P, CursorUp, Enter (and Tab Enter if necessary when switching from PC Screen Only to Second Screen Only).

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, March 26, 2018 6:07 PM
  • Hi,

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any result. And if you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 6, 2018 1:14 AM