Bad Pool Header RRS feed

• Question

• I get the blue screen with "Bad pool caller" or "Bad pool header" messages, and the Vaio keeps restarting over and over. It only happens when connected to the internet though. This issue only started after upgrading from windows 8 to windows 8.1. I really wish I did not run this upgrade.  Please help me
    Saturday, November 29, 2014 7:03 PM

Answers

All replies

•  We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.  

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
    If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

If you are using Blue screen view, who crashed, or a similar application, don't.  They are wrong at least as often as they are correct

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Saturday, November 29, 2014 8:24 PM
  •  blue screen with "Bad pool caller" or "Bad pool header" messages

Associated with which driver?  Guessing that it may be your video card, try using the

Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering

option (in Internet Options, Advanced tab)

Or maybe not, searches are not confirming that guess, seems to be other drivers, including ones for AV

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/windows81-bsod-assistance-bad-pool-caller-kmode/5f21247e-a5c4-4218-8fd6-e182b9241646

(Google search for
        bad pool caller windows 8 site:answers.microsoft.com
    )

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, November 29, 2014 8:35 PM
  • Hi Md,

For the information of Bugcheck Bad_Pool_Header, See:

Bug Check 0x19: BAD_POOL_HEADER

This error indicates that a pool header is corrupt. And the pool is already corrupted at the time of the current request. This may or may not be due to the caller.

We need the actural Minidump file to figure the reason out, please upload them (located at C:\Windows\Minidump) into OneDrive and post us the shared link, or you may check the files on yourself:

How to read the small memory dump file that is created by Windows if a crash occurs

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, December 9, 2014 9:22 AM
    Monday, December 1, 2014 8:54 AM