none
Eduroam Connectivity Problem In Windows 10 (EAP-TTLS/PAP) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, in Microsoft Windows 10, we want to verify eduroam via FREERADIUS using EAP-TTLS/PAP, but we can't verify the password because freeradius has not received clear text. Authentication can be performed successfully using the same protocols (EAP-TTLS/PAP) in the Android operating system.

I hope you can help me solve the problem.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 6:18 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Here is an article talking about accessing Eduroam Wireless with Windows 10, check if it helps:

Accessing Eduroam Wireless with Windows 10

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Thursday, October 17, 2019 8:44 AM
  • Hi ,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.                  

Best Regards,

Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Monday, October 21, 2019 3:34 AM
  • Hi ,

Did you have any updates on this issue?

Best Regards,

Candy

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 7:57 AM
  • This link has already been tried. Unfortunately, it didn't work. If you have any other suggestions, please write.

Best Regards,

Berke

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 8:39 AM
  • Hello Berke,

If you know that FreeRADIUS is not receiving a RADIUS_ATTR_USER_PASSWORD (2) attribute, do you know (and can you share) which attributes it is receiving (e.g. RADIUS_ATTR_CHAP_PASSWORD (3))?

Gary

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 10:04 AM
  • Hello Garry,

You normally say" RADIUS_ATTR_USER_PASSWORD (2) " define in the program part of "eap_ttls.h".(http://docs.ros.org/diamondback/api/wpa_supplicant/html/eap__ttls_8h.html) I've scanned the entire FreeRADIUS, but I haven't come across a program fragment or file in this way.

Berke

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 2:58 PM
  • Hello Berke,

In your first message, you wrote "but we can't verify the password because freeradius has not received clear text" - how do you know that this is the problem? What logging/debugging output did you look at to determine that a clear text password was not present amongst the attributes sent via EAP-TTLS?

If you are looking for where the definitions of RADIUS attribute names are created in the FreeRADIUS source code, then they might be here: https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/master/share/dictionary/radius/dictionary.rfc2865

Gary

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 3:33 PM