none
Dual disk usage, 32 bit and 64 bit RRS feed

• Question

•  Heres what I have. I bought a dual disk Windows 7. One disk is 32 bit the other 64 bit. I have the 64 bit (disk-1), on my desktop and all is well. I have a laptop with windows Vista, it's a proprietary computer, an Acer. What I want to find out is can I install The Windows 7 -32 bit (disk-2) on my laptop, and run the 64 bit on my desktop. Is it legal to do this over top of the Vista 32 bit laptop.

Thank you,

Steve

• Edited by Thor-1 Saturday, December 14, 2013 11:25 PM
    Saturday, December 14, 2013 11:18 PM

Answers

• No, it's not legal to use a single license in two different PCs at the same time. A product key is considered as a license. Even though two disk are provided, only a single product key will be provided, meaning, only one license but can be used with different architectures.Two disks are provided for 32-bit and 64-bit architectures. These two releases can be used in a single PC only, and can even be at the same time as dual boot, but not in two different PCs. 

Balaji Kundalam

Sunday, December 15, 2013 12:07 PM

All replies

• Do I have to leave an email? not sure where to find the answer should one arrive...ok its a yahoo addy.....steve _ c b w 7 3 at
    Sunday, December 15, 2013 1:03 AM
  • No, it's not legal to use a single license in two different PCs at the same time. A product key is considered as a license. Even though two disk are provided, only a single product key will be provided, meaning, only one license but can be used with different architectures.Two disks are provided for 32-bit and 64-bit architectures. These two releases can be used in a single PC only, and can even be at the same time as dual boot, but not in two different PCs. 

Balaji Kundalam

Sunday, December 15, 2013 12:07 PM