none
Windows Live Movie Maker Error

Question

• I have a problem with my Windows Live Movie Maker. I installed Windows Live successfully and all of it components run "fluently" except Movie Maker. I can't open it. When I try opening it Windows said that "Movie Maker has stopped working". The detail error is below. I'm using Windows 7.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:          APPCRASH

Application Name:               MovieMaker.Exe

Application Version:            14.0.8117.416

Application Timestamp:      4bc95aac

Fault Module Name:            MovieMaker.Exe

Fault Module Version:         14.0.8117.416

Fault Module Timestamp:   4bc95aac

Exception Code:                   c0000005

Exception Offset:                  000994a7

OS Version:                           6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID:                              1066

Additional Information 1:    0a9e

Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3:    0a9e

Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Can someone help me? I'm from Vietnam

Saturday, July 31, 2010 5:22 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, well you can solve this problems easily. The option fast is to go to the control panel, click Remove Windows Live Essentials, and give to repair. make this step 2 times. This solve your error. I recommend you also delete programs from third parties, which are similar to Windows Live Movie Maker, and can cause conflicts. Anyway if you get no reply, please visit: http://www.windowslivehelp.com/ Movie Maker part.
    Monday, August 02, 2010 10:51 AM
  • Have you installed any third party Codec packs? If so, I suggest you remove them one by one and check if the issue still occurs then.

If the issue is not caused by third party Codec, please troubleshoot in Clean Boot Mode.

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, August 03, 2010 7:28 AM
  • I have Windows 7 and did not find anything in the Control Panel called "Remove Windows Live Essentials".  However, if you click on the Windows Start icon and  the box called textbox you can type "wlarp.exe" which will bring up this program.
    Tuesday, May 03, 2011 11:26 PM
  • I'm having the same problem. Was this ever resolved? I've no idea how to find what codecs I have
    Sunday, July 10, 2011 10:10 AM
  • Thank you so much, this work for me!

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 4:54 PM
  • OK this didn't work for me - I still don't know what is wrong. Happily created Movies for 8 months and then it just stopped despite their being no windows update in the period from it last working.

One workaround:  create another user account - it works in there!!!!   Then give it admin rights and navigate to the existing projects and you will be able to carry on.  So my problem is down to permissions buried deep in Windows-land

Sunday, May 13, 2012 3:45 AM