none
Problem with Charging battery in Dell D630 (plugged in, Charging)

Question

• Hello,

I have problem with charging battery in my D630. At the moment I have OS Vista and when I plug power supplie I have status plugged in and charging. But in fact still I have the same status battery 2 % and not changing. I tested it with another batteries and power suplier and still is the same. Also I tried using dock station but problem is the same showing status charging but in fact not charging battery .

Is it mean some problem with my laptop?

Thanks

Marcin

Saturday, October 01, 2011 2:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please first refer to the following link to troubleshoot this issue.

Troubleshoot power problems

You may also try to set your power plan to "High Performance" whether plugged in or not in Control Panel -> System and Maintenance -> Power Options.

Change, create, or delete a power plan (scheme)

If there is another power management software, please also disable it and have a check.

Please also check in safe mode and Clean Boot.

If the above suggestions not work, please refer to the following link to see if it helps:

Laptop computer is not charging battery.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, October 07, 2011 2:12 AM
    Monday, October 03, 2011 5:35 AM

All replies