none
Can't get Third Party updates RRS feed

• Question

• We have been using SCCM to push out third party updates (primarily for Adobe) ever since it became available in SCCM. We had no problems until some time in June which was the last time it pulled in any updates.   In the "Products" tab under the SUP settings, there is no longer anything there but "Local Publisher" and "Microsoft."

Removed the SUP, removed WSUS, and added both back (this has been done twice now).  Turned Third-Part update support off and on, etc.  I can create a custom catalog and subscribe to it successfully (supposedly) but still nothing will show up under products.

I also tried enabling a couple of the "Partner Catalogs" (tried it with both Lenovo and Dell),  made sure all the certs were unblocked, etc. but they didn't show up under "Products" either. Checking the logs, I see no errors.  It simply doesn't do anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JB

• Edited by JLBoz Tuesday, September 10, 2019 9:25 PM
    Tuesday, September 10, 2019 4:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Check SMS_ISVUPDATES_SYNCAGENT.log

Thanks,

- Justin Chalfant

Engineering Lead @ Patch My PC | Third-Party Patch Mgmt for SCCM

My SCCM Blog: Twitter: LinkedIn: Facebook:

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 9:13 PM
  • I think it may be related to this error:

SyncUpdateCatalog: Exception Message: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Update Services\Schema\baseapplicabilityrules.xsd'.

I think this all started after the WSUS had been rebuilt.  The Schema folder thing had been mentioned to me back then and we have since rebuilt the SUP and WSUS again.  It is still missing the folder and file.  Is yet another reinstall the only way to fix it?  I'm not sure why it didn't fix this the last time so I don't know that it would fix it THIS time either...

Weird.

Thanks,

JB

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 10:01 PM
  • Copy the schema folder <C:\Program Files\Update Services\Schema> from a good install of WSUS to this server and it will fix it.

Thanks,

- Justin Chalfant

• Marked as answer by JLBoz Wednesday, September 11, 2019 4:21 PM
    Tuesday, September 10, 2019 10:18 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my research, someone encountered a similar issue and finally found that when removing the WSUS, it didn’t remove all of the features that are installed when you install WSUS on a fresh server. 

You can try the following:
    1. Remove WSUS features
    2. Remove API and PowerShell cmdlets (can be done with step 1)
    3. Remove WSUS IIS Site
    4. Restart Server
    5. Install WSUS Features. You should see the API and PowerShell cmdlets listed in the Confirmation page when installing the features. (This was usually missing)
    6. Configure WSUS as required.

Hope above information helps.

Best Regards,
    Tina

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 7:00 AM
  • Thanks.  I'm not sure if there's anyone I could go to for that, but I'll give it a shot!
    Wednesday, September 11, 2019 1:49 PM
  • Yeah, I tried that during my last reinstall of WSUS.  Unfortunately it didn't fix the issue.  And I was sooooo hoping it would have been that missing piece.

Thanks for your time and help!

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 1:51 PM
  • You just need the schema folder from a good install of WSUS. We have seen this about 10 times now for customers using our service. Shoot be a DM on Twitter and I can get you the schema files for whatever Server OS build you are on https://twitter.com/SetupConfigMgr.

Thanks,

- Justin Chalfant

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 1:53 PM
  • Justin,

Just DMed you via Twitter.

And thanks!

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 2:39 PM
  • That did the Trick!  Thanks so much, Justin!
    Wednesday, September 11, 2019 4:11 PM