I read on this link that I can use Visual Studio 2012 with Windows XP:
But at this link is specified that it's not Windows XP compatible
I tried to install evaluation version on Windows XP 32bit, and appears a message "the specified program requires a newer version of Windows".
Where is the truth? Can I install Visual Studio 2012 on a XP machine or not?
I'm not sure why you received no responses to your question, but the answer is that VS 2012 requires Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
It is not supported on Windows XP or Vista.
Platform compatibility and system requirements
When upgrading from Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 to the next release of Visual Studio you will take advantage of a refreshed and simplified environment with enhanced performance without any additional hardware requirements. Some of these core enhancements make use of capabilities that are only present in the latest versions of Windows and might require you to upgrade to a supported operating system.
The system requirements for most of the products in the next release of Visual Studio are:
Supported operating systems
- Windows 7 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 8 (x86 and x64)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
- Windows Server 2012 (x64)
- 32-bit (x86)
- 64-bit (x64)
- 1.6 GHz or faster processor
- 1 GB of RAM (1.5 GB if running on a virtual machine)
- 10 GB (NTFS) of available hard disk space
- 5400 RPM hard drive
- DirectX 9-capable video card running at 1024 x 768 or higher display resolution
- Proposed as answer by Keshav Jain Friday, March 15, 2013 5:33 PM