none
Connecting to wireless display - only one PC cannot find specific device RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have encountered really suprising and very specific proble. One desktop computer cannot find one notebook to cast screen to. I have my back against the wall so I am really hoping that someone here can help me with that. I think i have tried everything short of reinstallation of both hosts. Specifics below

Environment:

Host A - Desktop Windows 10 Pro with Ethernet connection and USB WiFi card. WiFi card  - Realtek RTL8192CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter, Wireless Display Supported: Yes (Graphics Driver: Yes, Wi-Fi Driver: Yes)

Host B - Notebook Windows 10 Home - can both cast to and be casted to.

Host C - Notebook Windows 10 Home - can both cast to and be casted to.

Host D - Android phone

Goal: Cast Host A screen onto Host B using "Connect to wireless display"

Scenario:

Host A cannot find Host B in Setting > Bluetooth & other devices > Add device > Wireless display

BUT:

Host A can find and cast to Host C.

Host B can find and cast to Host A.

Host B can find and cast to Host C.

Host C can find and cast to Host B

Host D can find and cast to Host A, B, C.

I have disabled firewall on Host A and B.

Saturday, October 12, 2019 4:49 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

Try to update system to the latest version through Settings\update&security\Windows update to make sure the latest package installed on your device. 

Then please go to device manufacturer website download and install the latest wireless driver to check if the issue persists. 

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 7:55 AM
  • Hi,

I have updated once again updated windows on both devices as well as drivers to network cards. It didn't help and I didn't think it would as devices work correctly with other devices.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 11:07 AM
  • Hi, 

We think your issue could be more complex than through, it should need to monitor the process and analysis log file, however, those actions is out of our support scope. I recommend to created a ticket for your issue with the link below, they could help you one on one.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/getsupport?wf=0&tenant=ClassicCommercial&oaspworkflow=start_1.0.0.0&locale=en-us&supportregion=en-us&pesid=15909&ccsid=636421791164342061

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 31, 2019 9:52 AM