Windows Updates cleanup after reboot RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,
    I am deploying updates to PCs with SCCM 2012 SP1 and I noticed that after reboot and "preparing to configure windows" message, I get a message "Cleaning up....Please wait". Is there a way to disable this cleanup? I would like to schedule cleanups manually after hours. Sometimes people come into the office and their machine is not rebooted and when they do bounce it, it gets stuck at cleanup for up to 15 minutes. 

Thanks

Jakub

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 8:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Jakub Fuczek,

According to your description, it has no special setting for clean up. Generally we could custom the scheduled task or setup/logon script. I suggest that we could check the event log.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 9:36 AM

All replies

• Hello,

This is will help you:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/10705/how-to-schedule-disk-cleanup-in-windows-7-vista/

Thank you!

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 9:14 AM
  • I do not have any cleanup jobs created. I checked a few times and this cleanup still occurs even with no scheduled task present. Any idea where this cleanup originates from and whether or not it can be disabled?
    Tuesday, July 5, 2016 9:27 AM
  • Hi Jakub Fuczek,

According to your description, it has no special setting for clean up. Generally we could custom the scheduled task or setup/logon script. I suggest that we could check the event log.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 9:36 AM