none
AP MFC Application has stopped working

Question

• Hello there, I have the Steelseries world of warcraft gaming mouse. and every time i go to set it up i get the error "AP MFC Application has stopped working." I've tried the things on the fingerprint reader topic but still nothing. Any suggestions on what can help?
    Saturday, September 05, 2009 4:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• If you go to http://www.steelseries.com/teaser_heaven/add_to_basket/wow and check the download page for your mouse you should note that Windows 7 is not yet listed as being supported.  You should contact their Tech Support about updated software for Windows 7.
    Saturday, September 05, 2009 5:14 PM
  • Well, it was working. I was able to save one profile no problem. I can still access the software and set it up to my liking but i cant do a character search like i was able to just the other day.
    Sunday, September 06, 2009 5:12 AM
  • Hi Lievan,

This issue can occur if some files in this software are corrupted. As the Steelseries world of warcraft gaming mouse worked before, we can try the methods below to fix this issue:

Method 1: System Restore
    =====================
    1. Click the Start Button, type “system restore” (without quotation marks) in Start Search box, press Enter.
    2. Select “Choose a different restore point”
    3. Click Next.
    4. Select a time when the mouse works correctly.
    5. Click Next and Finish to start the restore.

Method 2:
    =====================
    1. Go to Control Panel, click on Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the World of Warcraft gaming mouse software including your profiles.
    2. Go to Steelseries.  
    3. click on your mouse displayed on the website.
    4. Save to desktop first.
    5. Install it again.

The whole process doesn’t take long.

I hope the above information is useful for you. :)

Monday, September 07, 2009 8:03 AM
  • I am currently having the same issue have tried the system restore, and also tried the reinstalling from the manufactureer and still have the issue with this error message.  My brother also has the same issue after puchasing a new mouse and installing fresh software from steelseries, for his computer as well.  both of us are running windows vista so it's not an issue with only windows 7

Friday, September 11, 2009 4:20 PM
  • Like the few of you, up till 2 months ago my steel series mouse was working fine, with 10 profiles adjusted and saved for individual wow toons.
    I currently run a pc with both vista and xp, meaning that i have tried two computers, neither will allow you to attach a profile to a character, however as you have said you can still make a profile to fit your key configuration.

LOL WTF.....they should put more time in making sure their product works and less on their website "Follow us around" feature.
    Friday, September 25, 2009 5:25 AM
  • i to am having the same issue never had a problem in till last night  runing vista i was in the middle or raiding and switched toons and when i went to switch the mouse profiles i got this message i have tryed reinstalling the software and have tried doing a restore allthe way back to last month after restoreing back 2 days didn't help im now starting to think this isnot just a mouse issue my hp printer software is going me the same message when trying to update.. 

Friday, January 29, 2010 9:57 PM
  • i to am having the same issue never had a problem in till last night  runing vista i was in the middle or raiding and switched toons and when i went to switch the mouse profiles i got this message i have tryed reinstalling the software and have tried doing a restore allthe way back to last month after restoreing back 2 days didn't help im now starting to think this isnot just a mouse issue my hp printer software is going me the same message when trying to update.. 

In case you didn't notice, this is a Windows 7 forum and you state you're using Vista - wrong place to jump in!

Also, you don't jump into a thread posting questions unless your have the exact same situation - OS and all!

Don't jump in and ask questions not directly related to the Original Post (OP)!
    Saturday, January 30, 2010 2:32 PM
  • yeah and in case you didnt notice they werent asking a question, they were letting everybody know that it WASNT an issue with windows 7, and just to keep you off my back I am running window 7. Also in case you forgot how to read the original post never said anything about windows 7, and yes I know this is a windows 7 tech forum. So maybe they were just wondering what ap mfc application error meant and how to fix it, so that they can get the mouse and game to start working right. So unless you have the solution to their problem then you shouldnt worry about what os everybody else is having the same situation on. I am so tired of self-righteous people imposing their pompous attitude on everybody else.
    • Proposed as answer by XP Lover Monday, August 09, 2010 10:48 PM
    Tuesday, June 01, 2010 5:26 AM
  • Angrygamer…
    I bow to you… you are so RIGHT.  Most so called Techs are full of themselves and NOT solutions.  I build a new PC running windows 64bit 7 and I now have the same problem with several games, graphics and Music programs…  the “Client MFC Application has stopped working” crash. 

I now have been asking for weeks “What causes this Crash…  because on XP SP-3, it did NOT exist, and so far not one self-righteous tech has been able to give me a hint of a solution. 

Oh by the way…  I’m 55 and an engineer/chip mask designer, sub-contracting with Intel… so I know a tad about computers, and I definitely know when I’m being handed a line of self-righteous bull----, and so far that all I’m getting from Microsoft’s Techs. 

So who of you so called Techs knows what’s going on with this crash error… 

Monday, August 09, 2010 10:50 PM