none
Corel VideoStudio X2 Will not Produce DVD RRS feed

• Question

• Corel VideoStudio X2 works fine until you try to produce a DVD. At that point, the necessary buttons on bottom of the menu are not there. I've been saving the file as DV and then producing my home DVDs with Windows DVD Maker. That works. Here is what Corel support had to say about this:

"Unfortunately we do not support products that are installed on a Beta or Release Candidate operating system. As for now, support for Video Studio can be obtained if you have Windows XP or Vista or until the full version of Windows 7 is released.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further questions."

My Original Question to Them:

I've been using the software for a year, but this is the first time I've tried creating a DVD since installing Windows 7 RC in early May. When I reach the create disc point, the options shown on p 152 of the user guide are not there on the button bar. I have no NEXT button to press to burn the movie to disc. I am not sure if this is due to some missing add-on or a Windows 7 related problem. Three screen shots are attached.

System Details

---------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 7 RC 64-Bit version, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB free disk space, video

adapter on board my EVGA 730a mobo is a GEForce 8200, AMD Phenom 9550

quad core CPU.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009 5:26 PM

Answers

• I sent Coral a email and they said they are aware of the issue and are working on it and gave me the alt+n solution for now, and a disconted coupon.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 1:05 AM
  • Hi All
    if you go to the Corel web site there is now a windows 7 patch fixes all these issues
    Friday, December 4, 2009 11:23 PM
  • I have a new version of Corel and I use Draw fine, I opened the video program, seems OK on my machine. Mind you I have development tools and SDKs galore installed so its possible I have software that others are missing.

I suggest if it refuses to work, get the Virtual XP mode and try that and see if you can get it to work.

Vote if answered or helpful, I am running for Office (joke)! IT/Developer, Windows/Linux/Mainframe

Server: P4-2GHz, Linux Server, need IDE/SATA disks for my chess site

Workstation: Asus M2NBP-VM CSM, Athlon64 X2 4200+ 65W CPU, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA 8600GT, 320GB + 160G backup, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 12:09 AM

All replies

• Maybe the DVD is copyright protected???

ŢĤŸ ŤĀĽĶ ŴĂŠ PŐŎŖ, ŢĦƔ ŜĶĺŁĿŞ ƊƚƉ ĿĄĆĶ. ŠĖĔ ƔƍŪ ĄŦ ŁŪMßŘĨĐĜĚ, ŴĤĒŃ ƔƍŬ ĢĔŤ ߥĆĶ

Wednesday, July 8, 2009 8:55 AM
  • No. We don't do that sort of thing. We only make home dvds.. you know.. the normal family type.. mostly holidays, vacations, events... No copyright issues here.
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 11:39 AM
  • Well, I am glad to hear I am not alone. Hopefully a patch will appear in the late fall, once Windows 7 its the stores.
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 11:40 AM
  • Exactly same problem here. How long will it be when they start supporting this ?
    Monday, August 17, 2009 7:51 PM
  • Any news regarding this matter?
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 8:28 AM
  • We now have just over 2 weeks till Windows 7 is released, I have been dual booting the RC with windows XP and have only just recently tried Videostudio X2 Pro on Windows 7 to find exactly the same problem as the original poster. Had a search of the Corel knowledge base to find that the same problem could appear if DirectX was damaged or missing and a link to download DX9. I then emailed Corel support to receive a reply of "Thank you for your e-mail. Please be advised that we are not yet giving any technical support for Corel products installed on Windows 7." This is in spite of the drop down list on their web form for OS listing windows 7. There was also an invite to "However, if an update patch or a newer version is released, they will immediately post it on our website so we advise you to check it on a regular basis."

On a brighter note I downloaded the trial of Adobe Premiere 7 and it works perfectly, so when I upgrade OS I might just upgrade video editing software.
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 5:49 PM
  • For now I figured out a solution (old school solution).  When you get to the dialogue where the Next button is missing, just hit Alt>N and it will go onto the next screen.  :)

After the final menu (when you have created the disc) hit Alt>C to close the window.

Friday, September 11, 2009 7:52 PM
  • The same problem with VideoStudio X2 on Windows 7. Temporary solution works for making DVD (alt + N), but I haven't found combination for adjusting DVD project properties as video quality and so on.
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:07 AM
  • I wonder if it due to the resolution or display settings. I remember on Vista, when the program launched, it always disabled the AERO effects. Maybe that is the issue?
    Friday, November 6, 2009 2:43 AM
  • It was running ok for me on 7 until I updated my Direct x and it seems like that is what made the buttons disappear. I am going to try the alt+n trick and hope that works. I also might try and install direct x 9 but not sure if it will install over a newer version. From what i read you cannot uninstall the newest direct x. If that is the case then If alt+n works then i will stick to it. otherwise i will have to reinstall windows 7, as my restore point is not working. At least i installed windows 7 on a seperate partion.

I will let  you now what happens.

Monday, November 9, 2009 10:56 PM
  • I sent Coral a email and they said they are aware of the issue and are working on it and gave me the alt+n solution for now, and a disconted coupon.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 1:05 AM
  • The ALT+N trick solves the Next button problem.

Use ALT+G to access the Disc Template Manager (at the final "Create Disc, DVD Folders, ISO" window), so you can adjust the best quality of sound and image that fits to your dvd-r.
    Friday, November 13, 2009 1:40 AM
  • I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and experienced the same issue, the suggestion from Corel was to update the video driver and reinstall the software.  I did this and still experienced the same issue.

They have indicated that the problem has been submitted to their research and development department, it looks like they are looking into the issue.

//*eggbox63

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 9:18 PM
  • Hi All
    Alt+N= Next Window
    Alt+C= Close window
    Alt+G= Disk templates
    Alt+J= Project Settings
    Alt+B= Back to last Window

Hope this helps everyone till they fix the problem with a patch
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 11:27 PM
  • Hi All
    if you go to the Corel web site there is now a windows 7 patch fixes all these issues
    Friday, December 4, 2009 11:23 PM
  • I installed the patch and the problem goes away, good job Corel!
    Sunday, December 6, 2009 2:47 PM
  • I found the patches and they work fine, but I need to adjust the project settings in the Disc Template Manager. the window is coming up but no button to ok the adjustments made
    Any answers? Need help
    Friday, January 29, 2010 5:52 PM
  • I realize it's been 9 years, but the problem just showed up on my Win 7 machine.

But the patch is nowhere to be found.   The page page says there are no patches for X4, X3, X2, thanks a lot Corel.

Fortunately Alt-N seems to work.

Friday, October 18, 2019 9:50 PM