none
Flashing "Close" button RRS feed

• Question

• I found some of the "Close" button will be kept flashing when the mouse cursor is placed over it.

1) Device Manager > Double click on any hardware, to open its "Properties" > Move the cursor over the "Close" button of the properties dialog, the "Close" button will kept flashing...

2) Computer Management > Services and Applications > Services > Double click on any service, to open its "Properties" > Move the cursor over the "Close" button also.

I found this problem in 7000 and 7052 builds.
    Saturday, March 14, 2009 4:03 AM

Answers

All replies

• waiiiiiiiiii said:

I found some of the "Close" button will be kept flashing when the mouse cursor is placed over it.

1) Device Manager > Double click on any hardware, to open its "Properties" > Move the cursor over the "Close" button of the properties dialog, the "Close" button will kept flashing...

2) Computer Management > Services and Applications > Services > Double click on any service, to open its "Properties" > Move the cursor over the "Close" button also.

I found this problem in 7000 and 7052 builds.

Hi

This has been reported and the product team is aware of this issue.

Thank You for testing Windows 7 Beta

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Saturday, March 14, 2009 4:48 AM
  •    
    Saturday, March 14, 2009 5:25 AM
  • egads said:

It's been that way since Vista.  Don't hold your breath for a fix in Win7.

woo... Did vista sp2 fix this ?
    Saturday, March 14, 2009 5:29 AM
  • Hi all, seems this bug still happens in 7100 build, will this bug be fixed? The flashing button is so annoying......
    Friday, May 15, 2009 11:53 AM
  • This bug is still in Windows 7 SP1. Just saying..
    • Edited by Henk Poley Saturday, September 3, 2011 7:58 AM
    Saturday, September 3, 2011 7:58 AM
  • LOL, the fix will probably be listed as a feature in the next major release. 

Perhaps they'll contact you to do a commercial.  "I thought up the concept that buttons shouldn't flash, right in the back of a taxi..."  :) :) :)

Just funnin'; it's the weekend!

-Noel

Saturday, September 3, 2011 7:31 PM
  • It's September 2019, I'm running Win10 Pro and Office 2010 and still have this issue on one of my clients... :) 

Looks like this issue is very hard to solve... (It's been 10 years of intense work I guess?)

The outlook client freezes, and the only way to solve it is to tight click the icon on the toolbar and close outlook.

My users find this annoying when they are in the middle of writing an email...

• Edited by Joenger Wednesday, September 18, 2019 12:41 PM Typo's
    Wednesday, September 18, 2019 12:39 PM