none
Events - Create event page not updating RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

On SharePoint online when update the events list fields example setting a field as required or setting a default value, the create new event modern page (/_layouts/15/Event.aspx) is not following these new configurations.

Example, i've set the category as required and with default value, the page has not loaded this new configuration for the category. Seemsl like the only verification on the page is the title is filled in or not.

Is there any solution for this? Can this be considered as a Bug?

Thanks

Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I can reproduce this issue in my SharePoint Online environment.

I think it can be considered as a bug, since when we create a new event from /_layouts/15/Event.aspx with the Category field empty, the item won’t trigger an error message in the Calendar list.

Since it is currently not possible to customize the Event web part, I suggest you use the Calendar list to manage all events directly.

Meanwhile, you can submit a feedback in SharePoint UserVoice forum to help Microsoft improve SharePoint Online.

Thank you for your understanding.

SharePoint UserVoice - Sites and Collaboration.

https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329214-sites-and-collaboration?category_id=203542

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, November 15, 2019 2:19 AM
  • Hi,

I'm checking how it is going on with this issue.

Please remember to update this thread if you have any progress.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 9:06 AM
  • Hello Chelsea, 

Thank you for your response.

I will do so.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 12:22 PM
  • Hi,

If you find any reply helpful to you, please remember to mark it as answer.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu 

Friday, November 22, 2019 1:29 AM