none
Does anyone have a Windows 7 64-bit Task Scheduler FIX that actually works?

Question

• I am not an IT person, so please answer this in English...ordinary, "loser-user" English. Please.

My HP runs Windows 7 64-bit and I have had various issues recently. As in I was hacked. Not certain how because I don't download stuff willy-nilly. My husband is a computer guy and would kill me.

I run Norton Security Suite that I get from Comcast (no Constant Guard). I also run Malwarebytes, Stopzilla, and Spybot. I keep them all updated.

As far as I can tell, and with the help of a couple of security friends, I have the machine clean now. Finally.

What concerns me is that when I open the Task Scheduler, I get several (6) errors. The basic details are as follows:

Task {xxx}: The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with. (5 of these)

Task User_Feed_Synchronization{xxx}: The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with. (1 of these)

I found the Windows 8 version of a Task Scheduler repair, but it does not work on Windows 7.

I would prefer not to have to wipe the drive and start over, so if anyone has a fix...that would be great.

Also, is there any actual reason IE cannot possibly be made secure enough to use without exposing a person's computer (in my case one that is less than a year old) to these kinds of problems? Seriously. It is embarrassing.

Thank you,

dj

Monday, March 11, 2013 12:53 AM

Answers