none
Using MDT Version: 6.3.8443.1000 Drivers not injecting RRS feed

• Question

• I have been having an issue with MDT deploying drivers to the Dell Latitude E5450.  I have all of the most recent cab files loaded with the total control method.  It seems as if it does the "Set DriverGroup001" task and does nothing, it also jumps over the "Injecting Drivers" phase.  I have been plugging away at this over and over but it just fails to install all of the drivers.  

Jason Santoro A+ Network+

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 8:22 PM

Answers

• Ok, so i was set to Inject all drivers and Selection profile = nothing.  Just on a whim, I tried setting the profile to my DriverGroup001 and install only matching drivers and it deployed correctly with not missing drivers.  It worked forever with the original setup (Inject all drivers selection profiles = nothing) and now it has changed not sure why.  I guess for the mean time issue is resolved.  

• Marked as answer by Jason S_Mass Thursday, November 2, 2017 1:03 PM
    Thursday, November 2, 2017 1:03 PM

All replies

• I wish. It is not that though I think it’s the way the screen capture was or how mdt handles the font compared to notepad when I took it. There is a space between it in Win 10x64. Thanks for the response though I appreciate it.

Thursday, November 2, 2017 9:04 AM
  • Hmm... normally I would set the variable just before the Inject Driver step. Could you try that? Also, please verify that your Inject Drivers step is configured as follows: Inject all drivers, Selection Profile = Nothing. If that does not help, please post your BDD.log.

https://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/325/MDT-2013-Lite-Touch-Driver-Management

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Thursday, November 2, 2017 10:28 AM
  • Ok, so i was set to Inject all drivers and Selection profile = nothing.  Just on a whim, I tried setting the profile to my DriverGroup001 and install only matching drivers and it deployed correctly with not missing drivers.  It worked forever with the original setup (Inject all drivers selection profiles = nothing) and now it has changed not sure why.  I guess for the mean time issue is resolved.  

• Marked as answer by Jason S_Mass Thursday, November 2, 2017 1:03 PM
    Thursday, November 2, 2017 1:03 PM
  • This is not really a solution... ;-)
    I have the same situation in my environment with 6.3.8456.1000.

Seems that the "Total Control" scenario to manage the drivers in MDT is not feasible anymore, that's strange...
    https://deploymentresearch.com/mdt-2013-lite-touch-driver-management/

I will look for a possible solution and come back here if I found one! ;-)

Ciao, Gianluigi

Friday, October 18, 2019 4:21 PM
  • I haven't tested by setting the variables in CustomSettings.ini in MDT 8456, but it works great by setting the DriverGroup001 variable in the task sequence in MDT 8456. In my Windows 10 v1903 task sequence, the Inject Drivers step has the selection profile set to Nothing, and to "Install all drivers from the selection profile".

/ Johan

Regards / Johan Arwidmark Twitter: @jarwidmark Blog: http://www.deploymentresearch.com FB: www.facebook.com/deploymentresearch

Sunday, October 20, 2019 9:22 PM