Windows 7 Home Premium RRS feed

• Question

• Need help ASAP Got a pop up that said there is a windows update available. The update is Windows Essentials 2012. I let it install then was prompted to click if I wanted to start using it. I did and now I have nothing on my screen except what I had open already. If I minimize it it only shows an x to close or to open back up. The rest of screen has only my background pic. I cant even go to E-Mail or any programs. I want back to my Windows 7 Home Premium. THX
    Thursday, January 1, 2015 6:43 PM

Answers

• Have you tried rebooting?  The more info you give js the better we can help

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

• Marked as answer by arnavsharma Sunday, March 8, 2015 11:48 PM
    Thursday, January 1, 2015 7:00 PM
  • Hi ellevehC,

According your description, your explorer.exe crashed after you clicked the prompt.

Use Ctrl+Art+Del to start Task manager, click File then select New task (run).

Type explorer.exe then click OK

Check if the desktop backs to normal.

Or your could restart your computer see if the issue disappears

Regards,

WuDiNewFolder

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, January 19, 2015 10:15 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by ZigZag3143x Monday, January 19, 2015 11:36 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Deason Wu Tuesday, January 20, 2015 12:56 AM
    Friday, January 2, 2015 9:59 AM
  • As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.  

If the issue still persists and you want to return to this question, please reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.  

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.  

Thanks!

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by ZigZag3143x Monday, March 9, 2015 12:32 AM
    Sunday, March 8, 2015 11:48 PM

All replies

• Have you tried rebooting?  The more info you give js the better we can help

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Thursday, January 1, 2015 7:00 PM
  • Hi ellevehC,

According your description, your explorer.exe crashed after you clicked the prompt.

Use Ctrl+Art+Del to start Task manager, click File then select New task (run).

Type explorer.exe then click OK

Check if the desktop backs to normal.

Or your could restart your computer see if the issue disappears

Regards,

WuDiNewFolder

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, January 19, 2015 10:15 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by ZigZag3143x Monday, January 19, 2015 11:36 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Deason Wu Tuesday, January 20, 2015 12:56 AM
    Friday, January 2, 2015 9:59 AM
  • As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.  

If the issue still persists and you want to return to this question, please reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.  

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.  

Thanks!

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by ZigZag3143x Monday, March 9, 2015 12:32 AM
    Sunday, March 8, 2015 11:48 PM