Task Scheduler - WPD SqmUpload ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

On one of my latptops i have a task within the Task Scheduler called SqmUpload_S-1-5-21-2020070501-2489493450-1283459674-1003 it's stored in the WPD folder and has the following description.

This task uploads Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) data for Portable Devices

I would like to understand what application / service enables this Task, when i delete it , it gets automatically recreated. I have configured this laptop to not participate in the CEIP (Customer Experience Improvement Program).

Any hints ?

thanks

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 12:18 PM

Answers

• OK, found the answer myself. This is related to the Windows Media Player (CEIP) Customer Experience Improvement program. If a user enables this setting , a task is being created. The number beind the sqmupload relates to the appropriate users SID.

• Marked as answer by Alex Verboon- Tuesday, April 19, 2011 4:44 PM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 4:44 PM

All replies

• OK, found the answer myself. This is related to the Windows Media Player (CEIP) Customer Experience Improvement program. If a user enables this setting , a task is being created. The number beind the sqmupload relates to the appropriate users SID.

• Marked as answer by Alex Verboon- Tuesday, April 19, 2011 4:44 PM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 4:44 PM
  • Thanks. This helped out a lot. Great Job
    Sunday, August 28, 2011 1:36 AM
  • Olá Alex

Valeu a sua informação hein...  

Estou configurando o meu Agente de Tarefas, e me surgiu esta dúvida.

Obrigado pela sua informação, foi bem útil p/mim.

Sunday, April 22, 2012 6:30 AM
  • Excellent! I was just checking the "Task Scheduler Library" on my PC and was surprised by the number of tasks MS has sneaked into there.

Friday, December 9, 2016 2:56 PM