none
nvlddmkm.sys

Question

• hey,

i have a problem with my "nvlddmkm.sys", it seems to slow my VISTA's startup process, i tried every single nvidia driver to fix it up, but it seem nothing works out for me even with built in nVidia driver, so if anyone can help me with that i'll be greatful

Thanks in advance ...

Saturday, August 05, 2006 11:45 PM

Answers

• Okay after long last I have found a real fix for the NVLDDMKM.SYS ERROR.  I have spent tons of hours reading articles and forums.  This is what will work for everyone.  I have 3 computers in my house all with different Nvidia cards and different versions of Vista.  Quick run down.

COMP 1
    Dual Xeon 2.8
    Geforce 6800 Ultra
    Vista 32
    2 Gigs Ram

COMP 2
    AMD 64 FX-2
    Dual Geforce 7900 GTX
    2 Gigs Ram

COMP 3
    Quad Core 2.4
    8800 GTX
    2 Gigs Ram

They all suffered the dreaded nvlddmkm.sys error.  But I HAVE A SOLUTION!  It doesnt involve changing ram or altering bios.  You need to find a way to disable these features:

-Enable per-user virtual file and registry.
    -Automatically trigger an eleveation request for setup
    -Switch to the secure desktop to display elevation request for setup programs
    -Programs that access other programs' interfaces must be installed to a secure location

If you cant find these settings there is a GREAT company that makes software.  Same company that developed Dreamscene.  If you need the program and feel like the company should get some credit PM or email me (yunyoungjo@comcast.net) and I will provide the link and name of the software.

INSTRUCTIONS AFTER ACQUIRING THE SOFTWARE

Its called *******.  After you get that program goto the [Security] than [Advanced] tab.   Uncheck all the security boxes.  WARNING THIS WILL REDUCE THE SECURITY OF YOUR SYSTEM.  But you have to decide to use my computer or have a useless computer that gets the driver stopped responding error.  I promise you this will work.  I have ran the program and done this to all three of my computers and they work great !!  Now hopefully they fix it so I can put the security back.  Its so beautiful computing without NVLD.
    Sunday, September 02, 2007 3:39 AM

All replies

•  

I have exactly the same problem. Does anyone have an idea to solve this? Thank you!
    Monday, August 27, 2007 3:39 PM
  • Okay after long last I have found a real fix for the NVLDDMKM.SYS ERROR.  I have spent tons of hours reading articles and forums.  This is what will work for everyone.  I have 3 computers in my house all with different Nvidia cards and different versions of Vista.  Quick run down.

COMP 1
    Dual Xeon 2.8
    Geforce 6800 Ultra
    Vista 32
    2 Gigs Ram

COMP 2
    AMD 64 FX-2
    Dual Geforce 7900 GTX
    2 Gigs Ram

COMP 3
    Quad Core 2.4
    8800 GTX
    2 Gigs Ram

They all suffered the dreaded nvlddmkm.sys error.  But I HAVE A SOLUTION!  It doesnt involve changing ram or altering bios.  You need to find a way to disable these features:

-Enable per-user virtual file and registry.
    -Automatically trigger an eleveation request for setup
    -Switch to the secure desktop to display elevation request for setup programs
    -Programs that access other programs' interfaces must be installed to a secure location

If you cant find these settings there is a GREAT company that makes software.  Same company that developed Dreamscene.  If you need the program and feel like the company should get some credit PM or email me (yunyoungjo@comcast.net) and I will provide the link and name of the software.

INSTRUCTIONS AFTER ACQUIRING THE SOFTWARE

Its called *******.  After you get that program goto the [Security] than [Advanced] tab.   Uncheck all the security boxes.  WARNING THIS WILL REDUCE THE SECURITY OF YOUR SYSTEM.  But you have to decide to use my computer or have a useless computer that gets the driver stopped responding error.  I promise you this will work.  I have ran the program and done this to all three of my computers and they work great !!  Now hopefully they fix it so I can put the security back.  Its so beautiful computing without NVLD.
    Sunday, September 02, 2007 3:39 AM
  •  

Can't you be a bit more specific?

Where can you change these settings in windows?

Why don't you just post the name of the application you're talking about?

Tuesday, September 04, 2007 3:59 PM
  • I cant post the name of the application or website because I will be banned.  Cant advertise or post links apparently.  As for where thoes options are.  They are imbedded in Windows Vista.  You will have to manually edit your registry files via RegEdit.  I think if you goto the Windows Vista Official forums you can find more specific info on it.
    Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:23 PM
  • The error that i get just says that the driver has stopped responding and has succesfully recovered.

But the main thing is that it doesnt do it once, it keeps doing it, right up to the point that the pc gets fed up of it and starts to dump the physical memory.

I was just wondering if that was the same problem that you guys were having.

If not please could you give me your thoughts on the problem.

Cheers

I currently have

Intel Pentium D processor, 3GHz

Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS  (AGP chipset)

1GB RAM

2 DVD Drives

ASRock Motherboard

Vista 32Bit

Hope the above helps

Monday, October 08, 2007 10:41 AM
  • No, not exactly.

But I don't experience the problem anymore, because I turn my PC in the sleep mode (Windows Vista), intead of turning it completly off.

I'm quite sure it's a driver problem, so keep looking for GPU driver updates! I guess you can solve this problem too by using the sleep mode of windows vista!

I hope this will help a bit.

Greets

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 2:20 PM
  •  

The GPU updates that I am currently using are straight from NVIDIA, but I still get the error when they have been installed.

I have contacted Microsoft about the problem but to no avail. I am really gettin frustrated with it, because at one stage I was running a GeForce 7800 GS OC Graphics card with the drivers and it worked fine.

I also got a GeForce 5500 to run the drivers with no problems as well.

I would be greatful for any kind of assistance that anyone can offer.

Many thanks

Thursday, October 11, 2007 11:50 AM
  •  

These are my system specifications:

AMD Athlon64 3800+

DFI LanParty UT NF4-Ultra

2GB Kingston RAM

LeadTek Geforce 7900GT PCI-e

3x Maxtor & 1x Seagate HDD

MS Windows Vista 32bit

Did you already try to turn your PC into sleepmode instead of turning it off? Or don´t your PC ever boot completly at all? For me this works fine, it even boots quicker. If I have to reboot, the problem often still occurs, so it doesn´t solve the driver problem at all.

Thursday, October 11, 2007 12:11 PM
  • I have the exact same video card, 7600 gs, except its pcie, but i have the exact same problem with the physical memory dump. I would really like to know if you or anyone knows how to fix it. please email me at aalaptop@iprimus.com.au because I really need to get this fixed.

Current hardware

AMD 5200
    Nvidia 7600 GS PCIe
    4GB DDR 2 667mhz RAM
    Gigabyte motherboard
    Vista 64bit
    Wednesday, October 17, 2007 11:05 PM
  • Well it took me well over a week but I finally thought to update the bios and it fixed all of the nvidia driver problems. not sure why, but it did Smile. the motherboard is a gigabyte GA-MA69VM-S2. I remember I had another problem with vista on another computer, the sound card wouldnt work, turns out updating the bios fixed that as well. I would recondmend it to try and fix these problems, just read the instructions carefully.
    Tuesday, October 30, 2007 1:12 PM
  • i have been working with this problem for a wile and im sure i fixed it
    ill upload a nvlddmkm.sys
    all you half to do is relpace it with this one simple
    go to your  C:\Windows\System32\drivers
    look for nvlddmkm.sys
    you will need a rar extatour  and win zip
    if you dont have one there ways around it Cough*torrent* or the 30 day tirel

Link
    http://files.filefront.com/nvlddmkmsysFIX+Brokenrar/;9282195;/fileinfo.html
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

~cancer's Uploads~
    Wednesday, December 19, 2007 2:22 AM
  • I guess MS has allready fixed it, cause it seems that I don't have the problem anymore..

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 7:28 AM
  • feed back plz is it fix 
    that would help me
    other wise ill half to work on it some more
    if it does not work

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 2:50 PM
  •  wingscancer wrote:
    i have been working with this problem for a wile and im sure i fixed it
    ill upload a nvlddmkm.sys
    all you half to do is relpace it with this one simple
    go to your  C:\Windows\System32\drivers
    look for nvlddmkm.sys
    you will need a rar extatour  and win zip
    if you dont have one there ways around it Cough*torrent* or the 30 day tirel

Link
    http://files.filefront.com/nvlddmkmsysFIX+Brokenrar/;9282195;/fileinfo.html
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

~cancer's Uploads~

Thank you so much. You are the best. That really works.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 6:56 PM
  • I gotta ask, do any of you have the problem that the pc just keeps dumping the crash and continuing like this everytime it starts up ? the only way i can get into windows is by safemode/ safemode whit network or command promp, and its getting fustrating annoyng and whatever you wanna call it, ive got a Ndrive motherboard, and a 8800 xfx ultra graphixcard, its so frikkin fustrating that it suddenly started doing this a week aggo, and now ive got blue green ,red and yellow dots until it finishes loading windows vista, and after that i get a black screen and it shows the crashdump screen and the nvlddmkm.sys is the reason. So frikkin annoyng fustrating thing. Im getting insane. Is  there any way to change that nvlddmkm.sys in safemode ? or im doomed whit a pc that wont start ever again. ? tryed and reinstalled it, tried and formated it. am doing most of the things i can. But i wont use xp again, because it wold feel stupid to use just 2 gig ram when i need 4 because im a 3D artist.. :/
    Saturday, July 19, 2008 9:08 AM
  • just dled the file, which one do i use? broken or fixed?
    i'm guessing fix?

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 1:02 AM
  • Hi there,

I´ve got the same problem...

It started this morning, so haven´t come around to do much about it.

Did you find anything usefull to fix it?

My card is a NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600, but it sounds like the exact same problem.

Monday, October 20, 2008 8:13 AM
  • wat u mean by replacing it?
    i go to the site and download it and there is two both named nvlddmkm.sys but 1 is older 1 is newer and there is a nvlddmkm1.zip which one should i replace? thx
    Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:51 AM
  • I have had the same problem with my system since I bought it and installed my NVIDIA 7300GS video card back in May.  It used to happen once in a while, but now it's happening daily.

When I turn my computer on, I get vertical lines in sets of four across the screen. The system then goes into Startup Repair, recovers, and then everything is usually ok. Based on a suggestion from a friend, I set my system up so that after the BSOD event, I'd be able to get the error code.

The system booted this morning, displayed the blue lines, then did a core memory dump and displayed these error messages:

0x00000116 (0x8811A008, 0x8E414E80, 0x00000000, 0x00000002)

nvlddmkm.sys - address 8E414E80 base at 0E409000, datestamp 48d14495

I have repeatedly downloaded the updated drivers directly from the NVIDIA website, and as far as I can tell, I have the most-recent ones.  Windows Vista reports that the drivers are up-to-date and that the video card is functioning properly.

Is this a driver problem, or am I looking at some type of hardware failure?

System information:
    Acer Aspire
    1.8 GHz processor
    3 GB RAM
    350 GB hard drive
    NVIDIA 7300GS video card
    Windows Vista Home Premium

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 2:08 PM
  • According to your error message, it seems to me like a driver problem.
    Tuesday, December 09, 2008 2:53 PM
  •  GeeBee86 wrote:
    According to your error message, it seems to me like a driver problem.

How do I make sure that the most-recent version is installed? 

I downloaded the newest version (version 178.24_geforce_winvista_32bit_english_whql) from the NVIDIA website, and ran the installation program.  But when I check the driver settings in the Control Panel/System/Device Manager, the driver version that is showing up is dated September 17, 2008, and is version 7.15.11.7813.  Clicking "Update Driver" reveals that "The driver is up to date".

Is the download not replacing what is on the system already?  What should I do to make sure that the newest version is installed?

Thanks for your help!

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 3:37 PM
  • Delete the drivers you have installed now, and reinstall the version you downloaded from the nvidia website. These drivers are commonly better than the MS ones.

Did you install windows updates for you videocard?
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 8:24 AM
  • the nvlddmkm problem always happens when i play call of duty 5, is so annoying.

mines is GeForce 8600M GT

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 9:58 AM
  • That sounds very credible, cause if you play a game (or maybe even if you play a movie) Windows Vista will change your graphic settings (colorscheme's etc.). This will cause the nvlddmkm.sys driver problem. The problem has nothing to do with hardware failures or something, it's a clear software problem. I hope nvidia and/or microsoft will come with a good solution.
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 10:55 AM
  • GeeBee86 said:

Delete the drivers you have installed now, and reinstall the version you downloaded from the nvidia website. These drivers are commonly better than the MS ones.

Did you install windows updates for you videocard?

Yes, I deleted the drivers that were already installed, and have reinstalled the newest version available from nvidia.  I also installed the windows updates for the video card, but the problem is still there.

Every single time I turn my computer on, it goes through the startup routine, and then BSOD happens.  I set the system so that I could write down the error message (as follows):

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.

If this is the first time you've seen this message . . . . (it isn't)

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. (haven't installed any new hardware or software)

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software.  Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing (how do I do this??)

Technical info

*** STOP: 0x00000116 (0x87F7E510, 0x8E213E80, 0x0000000, 0x00000002)

*** nvlddmkm.sys - Address 8E21E80 base at 8E208000, Datestamp 48d14495

Collecting data for crash dump . . . ."

And then the system goes through the crash dump process.  When that's done, I have to shut the main power off, restart, go through the Startup Repair, Restore the system to a prior point, and then the system will start and go into Windows.  The system won't keep any of the recent downloads in place because it does a Restore every day.

What should I do?  Scrap the video card and buy a new one?  This problem used to happen once in a while, but now it's every day.

Saturday, December 20, 2008 3:13 PM
  • Hi. I'm trying to collect all of the data about this stupid nvlddmkm error and put it all into one place so people won't be spending that much time scouring all over Google for the solutions. This website is at http://www.nvlddmkm.com please let me know if there should be anything that I should add to the website. Thanks!
    -Nick
    Sunday, January 04, 2009 5:56 AM
  • I've attempted the software fix from the same vendor that makes DreamScene and still got the BSOD for nvlddmkm.sys... I had DreamScenes running and enabled a video card stability test.  Within 10 or 15 seconds it thows a BSOD.  I've tested card heat and boosted the card fan to 100% which helped to improve the stability test alone, but as soon as DreamScenes is enabled with the test running (or vice versa) it fails.  I've also improved the system cooling by at least 10 degrees celcius but that didn't help.  I've run memory and CPU tests which didn't reveal any issues with either.  I have seen various posts all over the internet for lowering the voltage and even the clock on the RAM.  However, my RAM is set to the default settings and underclocking sounds ridiculous to solve a problem such as this.  I've also updated drivers and have the latest from nVidia for my 8800 GTX, version 181.20 (7.15.11.8120).  I also have all the Microsoft updates for Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit and my system scores a 5.7 total score.  I can test the memory option and have a support ticket in with OCZ to see if they can give me any specific settings.  Until then, any other thoughts on what to try? 
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 3:55 AM
  • hey man i'm 15 years old and i have a HP Pavilion dv9000. i let my sis use my laptop for around a month and then screen suddenly went white, then like all stripy but not a lot of color i connected my laptop to an external screen and the comp seems to load the os (visa ultimate) but then it crashes and says dumping physical memory because of nvlddmkm.sys. now that sounded kinda familiar and it seems to be an nvidia driver but the thing is i can do ____ cos the comp keeps crashing after the login page is it actually reaches there. does any1 have a solution, i think formatting the disk may do something and put a different os on there but i don't no i'm really confused.
    $1 DoLLaR
    Sunday, February 08, 2009 3:16 AM
  • Hi, i have experienced this problem a few times now here at the workshop. I can tell it might also be a hardware problem, checking the ram on the GPU. We have at the moment a HP Pavilion dv9271ea here, which started to get this problem with the nvlddmkm.sys error, then after several tries to make it work, the image became distorted and finally got an BEEP code 1 long and 2 short (Error in GPU, problably RAM). To those not knowing what beep codes are, they are hardware failures. We replaced the MOBO, and the costumer got it back. Some months later (Like right now) the computer gets back here, with errors. This time the screen just goes black. I have tried to reproduce the problem several times now, and ended finally up with the BSOD of nvlddmkm.sys, and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA , i have tried replacing ram, but no succes, same errors occur. I just now tried to replace the nvlddmkm.sys from the link above, and now the computer starts, but no driver is loaded, so im gonna try the other ons.

I hope i contributed a little :)
    Wednesday, May 06, 2009 8:29 AM
  • Hello, Mitchall.

Have you tried swapping out a different model or brand of video card?  That seems to be my only next option since CPU, RAM, MOBO and other tests haven't revealed anything.

Thanks.
    Wednesday, May 06, 2009 2:20 PM
  • I'm replying to an old post but i think it will help people out anyway...

I had the dreaded "BSOD" along with the NVLDDMKM.SYS error. I went nuts searching the forums trying to find a way to fix it.  I purchased Windows 7 upgrading from Vista, tried all the tricks and tips. I was running a Geforce 9600GT on an XPS 410 and the card was about a year or so old. Sooo in my frustration i said screw it!!! I decided to upgrade my graphics card. I purchased an Nvidia GTX260+ from Galaxy along with a new Corsair 750w PSU and upgrading my Ram to Corsair DDR2 4 Gig.  

While pulling my old graphics card i looked over it carefully and holy *^%$!!! I had a "BLOWN CAPACITOR".  I installed my new card and so far i have not had any issues. It has only been the first day but i have been running games and was even able to do a system rating test which never would fully rate with the old card going into BSOD.

Well i hope this info helps so before going through all the hassel of freaking out trying to find some solution. Shut down your PC pull your graphics card and check your capacitors you just might have a blown one.
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 2:06 AM
  • Replying to all with this problem.  If you are running vista or have upgraded to win 7, your nvlddmkm.sys file is still the 2007 version.  It seems when upgrading, the file does not upgrade.  If you do a clean install of win7, you get the march 2009 version of the file.  This is the file that needs to be copied to your windows\system32\drivers directory.  It will fix the problem.  Either do a clean install of win7 or get the file from someone who has.  I am not trying to sell clean installs of 7, but I did a clean install on my hp laptop with nvidia graphics and got the new version.  I have used that file to fix several of my friends units who have upgraded or still run vista and experience the same problem.  Its strange when nvidia site identifies desktops as having the geforce go 7600 but then says that is a laptop card.  Update doesn't work on desktops.  Makes you wonder if they just want you to think your sytem is going bad so you will buy a new one. Good luck all

12/8.  This may not be the solution for game players.  Machine has not crashed for a week.  All applications run fine.  Draw back is the system throws up a yellow flag in device manager thinking it is the wrong driver. (at least on mine, maybe not all)  DirectX doesn't work properly so screen saver doesn't run.  So if you want to use machine for normal use, this is ok.  I don't game, so I don't know what effect it will have on that.  Might have to decide between not using computer at all, or not gaming, or replacing card if possible.

Scott
    • Proposed as answer by Ashto Tuesday, December 08, 2009 10:06 PM
    • Edited by scottss54 Wednesday, December 09, 2009 1:19 AM
    Wednesday, December 02, 2009 1:46 AM
  • Replying to all with this problem.  If you are running vista or have upgraded to win 7, your nvlddmkm.sys file is still the 2007 version.  It seems when upgrading, the file does not upgrade.  If you do a clean install of win7, you get the march 2009 version of the file.  This is the file that needs to be copied to your windows\system32\drivers directory.  It will fix the problem.  Either do a clean install of win7 or get the file from someone who has.  I am not trying to sell clean installs of 7, but I did a clean install on my hp laptop with nvidia graphics and got the new version.  I have used that file to fix several of my friends units who have upgraded or still run vista and experience the same problem.  Its strange when nvidia site identifies desktops as having the geforce go 7600 but then says that is a laptop card.  Update doesn't work on desktops.  Makes you wonder if they just want you to think your sytem is going bad so you will buy a new one. Good luck all

Hi all you nvlddmkm sufferers out there,
    I had the problem for about 5 months but only in the last 3 week has my system black, blue and white screened, plus all of the symptoms above. I've tried everything, reinstalling windows vista, reinstalling drivers from different websites (nVidia and Fujitzu siemens) many, Flashing the bios, renaming the nvlddmkm.sys. to old and expanding the nvlddmkm.sys and replacing it, replacing it with other "dl"able nvlddmkm files all haven't worked. Now I have run windows once I had deleted the nvlddmkm part of the driver and there is no error report, crashing, dumping of memory, everything working properly except the graphics card.

everytime I have auto updated the drivers they update the 2007 and then updating from that the new drivers make the system crash, dump memory or whatever. So Scotts54 comment above dosen't seem such a bad idea and very logical, plus ive tried everything else. and ive had no WoW for 3 weeks.

Ashto of the Exodar
    Tuesday, December 08, 2009 10:31 PM
  • Read my edited post.

scottss54

Wednesday, December 09, 2009 1:17 AM
  • So I'm going to get the file off of a friends computer to try this, as I have tried everything else.

What file do I need and where to I look for it, or do I just need the nvlddmkm.sys. part from a clean install of Windows 7???
    Wednesday, December 09, 2009 1:26 PM
  • You need the march 2009 version of nvlddmkm.sys which is in the windows\system32\drivers directory.   I got it from my HP laptop on which I had done a clean install.  Used it to fix a friend's machine which had been upgraded from vista to win7, but still had the old file. 

After you find a 2009 version of the file, copy it to a cd and boot into safe mode.  The you can copy it over the old file. 

Just checked my desktop which has ATI graphics, file not on system by default.  You will have to get it from someone with nVidia graphics.
    File on my laptop is dated 3/6/2009 and is version 7.15.11.7967 
    Hope this helps.

Be sure you have read my 12/8 update to the original post before hand.

Anyone who does this, let me know how it works for you

scott
    Wednesday, December 09, 2009 9:04 PM
  • Hey yeah this method of deleting the nvlddmkm.sys in windows\system32\drivers directory works, then after i deleted the nvlddmkm.sys file i downloaded and installed the latest nvidia driver which replaced the nvlddmkm.sys with the newest version.

So you don't need to download the nvlddmkm.sys file just delete the nvlddmkm.sys file and download the latest nvidia driver version. (which was 195.62), and i have a nvlddmkm.sys file created on the 21/11/09 now (file version 8.17.11.9652) 
    I haven't found any problems yet and this fix seems to have worked for me

Hope this all helps and maybe later i'll confirm if it works perfect for games or not.

Saturday, December 12, 2009 11:41 PM
  • I can't even find that file on the hard drive. I think it may be hidden. I can only access this laptop via the restore partition at a command prompt. The issue (same as above) occurs during the boot process AFTER going through the factory restore on this HP v6000 laptop. I get lines going down on the bios screen and dollar signs fill the page after that. Then all goes black until the BSOD occurs.

Since I cant find the file, I simply copied the new driver file into that sys32 folder anyway. that didn't work.

Sunday, January 03, 2010 3:44 PM
  • ...So you don't need to download the nvlddmkm.sys file just delete the nvlddmkm.sys file and download the latest nvidia driver version. (which was 195.62), and i have a nvlddmkm.sys file created on the 21/11/09 now (file version 8.17.11.9652) 
    I haven't found any problems yet and this fix seems to have worked for me

Hope this all helps and maybe later i'll confirm if it works perfect for games or not.

My machine already has the 11/20/2009 version of nvlddmkm.sys in the windows\system32\drivers directory as still does a crash dump each time it launches from sleep mode, restarts or boots.  Still looking for a fix.
    Thursday, January 07, 2010 4:43 PM
  • THANKYOU VERY MUCH....
    IT'S WORK....
    GOOD JOB BRO..........
    I GIVE U 5 STAR  : )
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 3:15 AM
  • i did hav this problem but when i took the back off my pc i took the cards out (HOT!) i cleaned them and it started fine
    • Proposed as answer by Faheemakbar Thursday, May 13, 2010 2:51 AM
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 8:07 AM
  • Hi friendz

i was using xfx9600 gt and it works fine then i replace my card with New inno3d gts 250 1gb, all game run fine but when i run assassin creed 2 it runs 3-5 minutes and then crashes.blue screen appear and pc reboot .when window run it give error BCCOD 116 then i contacted my Gpu vendor and the ask me to check it on another pc and if problem exist i should get its warranty

my specs

WIn 7 ultimate

Dual-core E6300

Dg41rq

inno3d gts 250

all drivers are updated

Thursday, May 13, 2010 2:58 AM
  • Related to BSOD (Nvidia: nvlddmkm.sys/0x00000116 or ATI: ati3duag.dll/0x00000XXX)
    I would like to share a success story in regards to this error message that hopefully will help others... My specs are below for both PCs.
    I received this error message with 3 different video cards and 2 manufactures Nvidia & ATI (the ATI BSOD was a bit different but same results). I did all of the basic and advance steps in troubleshooting including testing all of my hardware components on identical motherboards & power supplies; however, the BSOD would only show up on one motherboard with the video card in the first PCIe 2.0 x16 slot but work fine in the second slot. 
    The actual issue was related to the North Bridge and the first PCIe 2.0 x16 slot not running the correct voltage for the video card. Needless to say, here are the steps that corrected my issue, from ASUS Support, and reset the voltage for the video card:
    1. Uninstall video card driver utilities from Programs
    2. Uninstall video card driver from Device Manager/Display Adapters
    3. Shut down computer
    4. Unplug everything including power connector... wait 30 seconds
    5. Remove the video card from the motherboard
    6. Clear the motherboard CMOS for 20 seconds (my motherboard has a convenient CMOS button on the back but you may have to use a jumper or remove the battery... follow your MB instructions)
    7. Plug in the power and start PC... wait 15 seconds and shut back down
    8. Unplug power and put the video card back on your motherboard
    9. Plug back in power and start back up... DO NOT modify your BIOS settings yet
    10. OPTIONAL: I use RAID drives so I had to turn back on my RAID management in the BIOS when starting up
    11. Once Windows loads, install video drivers, restart and see if the issue is fixed
    12. If the issue is fixed go back into BIOS update RAM Timings and any other component settings needed
    My hope is that this may work for anyone else's issue as this step was not documented anywhere. Usually most people RMA'd their motherboards on all of the forums I read through without knowing this step.
    PC Spec #1
    Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D Premium
    -BIOS: 1402
    -Intel X58 Chipset: 9.1.1.1020
    CPU: Intel Core i7 920
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4870
    -Driver Version: 8.85
    -Catalyst Version: 11.5
    Memory: G.Skill F3-16000CL9-2GBTD (2GBx2)
    -Timings: 9-9-9-27-2N 1.6V
    OS Hard Drive: Intel SSD on SATA 6
    PSU: Corsair TX650
    Windows 7 Professional x64
    PC Spec #2
    Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D Premium
    -BIOS: 1402
    -Intel X58 Chipset: 9.1.1.1020
    CPU: Intel Core i7 960
    Video Card: Nvidia EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD
    -Driver Version: 270.61
    Memory: G.Skill F3-10666CL9T-12GBRL (4GBx3)
    -Timings: 9-9-9-24-2N 1.5V
    OS Hard Drive: Intel SSD on SATA 6
    PSU: Corsair TX650
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 5:09 AM