none
USB Drive redirection except local drives RRS feed

• Question

• hello every one 

i have a issue with RDP redirection

the problem is i can't redirect just usb drives but not the local drives

i think of some script to run when the rdp session is created on the server and map the usb on the user's computers

but i don't know where to start

i also tried redirection policies in group policy but when you Disable drive redirection it's also assume the usb drive as a drive so i can't use the group policy or other things except some script that map detect the PnP devices on user's computers and map it and prohibit the local drives redirection.

thank you in advance

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 10:00 AM

Answers

• i was able to come with some solutions

deleting registry CLSID registry sub-key for drive redirection was the solution for me

and re-map the usb drive like \\tsclient\Y

and the current problem is in windows server we delete with = (reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID" /f) and works like a charm but--->

but in remoted windows 10 we can't just delete registry keys related to drive mapping and you must query it first and then delete it 

like ----> ( reg query HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\ /s /t REG_SZ /f "C on" )

the issue is i cant call this command in a "reg delete" so that delete operation delete the output of "reg query" command 

Saturday, September 21, 2019 9:50 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

You can try this solution, i think it's usufel in your case: 

https://workspot.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/214248563-Configuring-USB-Redirection-with-RemoteFX-in-Workspot

Vote or mark as answer if you think useful

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 12:57 PM
  • Hi,

In general, if you establish remote session using RDC, we can configure USB redirection via RDC(Show Options – Local Resources – Local devices and resources) or .rdp file configuration (usbdevicestoredirect:s:<device class GUID>).

>i think of some script to run when the rdp session is created on the server and map the usb on the user's computers
    Write scripts based on customer’s requirement is beyond the support scope on the forum, you may try to find some helpful script temp on Microsoft Script Center:
    https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/

Drive Redirection, which allows users to access the file system on any local drive in a remote session, including USB drives. So, if you enable the GP “Do not allow drive redirection”, USB redirection will also be disabled.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 6:35 AM
  • thank you for your reply

unfortunately that is not the case i'm having 

because i'm not want to redirect local drives 

and i'm not problem with redirection of usb drives , i need just usb redirection only

thanks anyway

Saturday, September 21, 2019 9:30 AM
  • i was able to come with some solutions

deleting registry CLSID registry sub-key for drive redirection was the solution for me

and re-map the usb drive like \\tsclient\Y

and the current problem is in windows server we delete with = (reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID" /f) and works like a charm but--->

but in remoted windows 10 we can't just delete registry keys related to drive mapping and you must query it first and then delete it 

like ----> ( reg query HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\ /s /t REG_SZ /f "C on" )

the issue is i cant call this command in a "reg delete" so that delete operation delete the output of "reg query" command 

Saturday, September 21, 2019 9:50 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for detail sharing, it would be helpful for other people who has similar problem.

Unfortunately, I am not able to provide you with useful information.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 8:42 AM
  • it's not a problem sir

thanks for your time 👌

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 3:40 PM
  • Hi,

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post on the forum.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Thursday, October 3, 2019 1:34 AM