none
KB4516067 MS WINDOWS UPDATE RRS feed

• Question

• MS Windows Security Update KB4516067 causes the internet explorer not to work. The forum advised to uninstall, which I did, and IE returned perfectly yesterday. However MS updated automatically again today and IE went out. Again checking the control panel I noted that the update was KB4516067. Uninstalled it and everything on IE works perfect again. question- How do I stop MS from constantly trying to update my system with this rogue security update and is it necessary / essential to have this KB4516067 when it causes all this strife? Many thanks for your help.
    Thursday, September 12, 2019 7:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This IT Professional forum is for questions, feedback, or anything else related to setting up and deploying the RTM release versions of Office 2016, Office 2019, and Office 365 ProPlus.

Your question is mainly related to Windows Updates. Since this forum focuses more on questions related to Office desktop applications, to help you better  solve the question, I will move the thread to Windows 10 General Forum. You may get more helpful replies there.

Thanks for your kind understanding.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, September 13, 2019 1:27 AM
  • Hello,

You can use Show or hide updates tool from Microsoft to skip/block that update:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-block-specific-windows-update-in-windows-10

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.  

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Friday, September 13, 2019 5:00 AM
  • Hi

How do I stop MS from constantly trying to update my system with this rogue security update and is it necessary / essential to have this KB4516067 when it causes all this strife? 

I suggest that you can try to remove the update to fix the issue, follow these steps to uninstall KB4516067 from your system:

1. Open the Start menu, search for Control Panel and open it.
    2. Go to Programs > View installed updates section.
    3. Navigate to the search box and type KB4516067.
    4. Uninstall the following update once it appears in the search results:   

Update for Microsoft Windows (kb4516067)

1. Wait for the system to complete the uninstallation process.

Note: Windows might attempt to install the same patch again. You can avoid this situation by disabling the Windows Update service from Services.

If removing the update does not help, you still have the option to reset your device from the Settings app. This option will restore your device to the Factory Settings.

Hope can help you.

Best regards

Kiki Shi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 16, 2019 9:24 AM
  • Hi Kiki Shi

Windows does update that KB4516067 every time the computer is closed down. On opening up it uploads each time. So it knocks off the Internet Explorer. I then have to go through process of uninstall to recover the IE. I will try disabling the Windows Update service from Services. It would be useful if it was possible to specifically exclude a particular update and allow all others to update as normal. Do you know if that is possible?

Thanks

Monday, September 16, 2019 8:20 PM
  • KB4516067 FIX:

1. Start with Desktop

2. Go to top right hand corner/ Microsoft Start and right click and hold

3. You will see, Control Panel, Click it.

4. In Control Panel you will see "Programs"

5.Choose program features

6. Click on View Installed programs

7. Scroll down until you get to Microsoft Windows Updates and look for :

"Security update for Microsoft Windows KB4516067".

8. Right Click on the above in 7. and Uninstall update.

9. Yes... you want to update.

10. Takes a minute or two to uninstall and then when finished with uninstall you will have the option to restart or shut down.

11. Give yourself a clap of hands as you will now be back on the internet with IE!

Happy surfing!

Monday, September 16, 2019 8:43 PM
  • It doesn't work for me - not able to uninstall all Components.  Was on phone hours with teh support and this was the solution they suggested, but they didnt know why it wouldn't uninstall on my surface 2.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 9:25 AM
  • Hi,

I am very glad to hear that this problem has been solved. Thank you for sharing. We are very grateful for your time and effort. I hope that your experience can help other community members who face the same problem.

Best regards,

Kiki Shi

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 9:39 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will propose it as‘Answered’as the information provided should be helpful.

If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

Best Regards

Kiki Shi

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 8:58 AM