none
Show Windows Side By Side RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When I right click on the task bar and select "Show windows side by side" the windows stack? How can I fix this so my open windows show side by side? I am using Windows 10. Thanks.

Paul E.

Sunday, April 3, 2016 1:18 AM

Answers

• You could try use SFC tool and DISM commands to repair system files.

Please open a CMD as administrator, then typing the following commands.

sfc /scannow

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Also, try to update drivers from manufacturer website, check Windows Update in Settings.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 1:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Paul,

I notice that your issue is related to Windows 10. And our forum focuses on general discussion for Office 2016. We would move this thread to Windows 10 forum and hope you can find the solution there :)

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 4, 2016 7:35 AM
  • Hi Paul E.

If you see a scenario like these two screenshots, I think it is a normal phenomenon.

In Windows 10 system, it is designed by default, there are two arrangements: show windows side by side and show windows stacked, you could choose which you feel comfortable.

If you have any concern about this new display way for show Windows side by side, please post your idea in Windows Feedback.

Best regards

Friday, April 8, 2016 5:41 AM
  • Thanks but regardless if I select "side by side" or "stacked" the result is always stacked. Anyhow how thank you for your response.
    Monday, April 18, 2016 10:49 PM
  • If you could that would be great.
    Monday, April 18, 2016 10:49 PM
  • You could try use SFC tool and DISM commands to repair system files.

Please open a CMD as administrator, then typing the following commands.

sfc /scannow

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Also, try to update drivers from manufacturer website, check Windows Update in Settings.

Best regards

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 1:33 AM