none
Windows 10 Enterprise Anniversary Update (1607) on WSUS RRS feed

• Question

• We have Windows 10 Enterprise 1511 deployed to several machines in our organization for production testing with some users.   On August 16th I see that the 1607 Anniversary Update hit my WSUS server.   (e.g.  "Feature update to Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1607, en-us")

Environmental Notes:

1. WSUS is running on Windows 2012 R2
    2. Patched WSUS to allow ESDs to installed and manual settings have been performed per KB3159706
    3. All other patches were found and able to install on my Windows 10 1511 machines

Unfortunately the all the versions of the anniversary upgrades are showing as Not Applicable to my machines.   Is there something I am doing wrong?   I don't want to have to manually update all of these machines.

Eric S.

• Edited by Eric Suger Wednesday, August 17, 2016 9:00 PM
    Wednesday, August 17, 2016 8:58 PM

All replies

• Windows 10 Anniversary update via WSUS / SCCM

Couple of suggestions in that thread;

First, update your WSUS with KB3159706 - yannara

Is that relevant?

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 9:40 PM
  • Yeah I took care of the KB article a while ago.   That isn't the problem.

Any other ideas?

Appears that other people are having the same issue:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/ab2e57a3-5b89-43c0-a961-d20e2ee9ee47/attempting-to-deploy-windows-10-build-1607-over-wsus-clients-say-theyre-up-to-date?forum=winserverwsus

Eric S.

Thursday, August 18, 2016 3:20 AM
  • Hi,

Have you see this change which was stated in this blog?

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mniehaus/2016/08/08/using-wsus-with-windows-10-1607/

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 18, 2016 7:41 AM
    Owner
  • Hi,

Have you see this change which was stated in this blog?

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mniehaus/2016/08/08/using-wsus-with-windows-10-1607/

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Unfortunately, that article talk about the different delivery options of having patches download to the users.   All of the delivery options would work in my scenario.

The issue I am running into is that my Windows 10 1511 machines are showing the 1607 upgrade as "Non Applicable" so it won't even attempt to download an update.

Why won't my Windows 10 machines see this upgrade?

Eric S.

Thursday, August 18, 2016 2:34 PM
  • Anyone?

Eric S.

Friday, August 19, 2016 9:51 PM
  • Not going to be any help, but I'll chime in as a "me to" as far as having your same problem. 
    Saturday, August 20, 2016 12:53 AM
  • Hi Eric,

kb3095113 needs to be applied. Then followed instructions here How to delete upgrades in WSUS and check if the issue can be resolved.

If the issue still fail to resolve, please contact WSUS server support for more professional support on this issue:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=winserverwsus

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Monday, August 22, 2016 9:30 AM
    Owner
  • The KB was already applied.

Deleting Updates and re-syncing did not change anything.  It is still "Not Applicable".

Per your request, I will post this issue to the WSUS forum.

Eric S.

Monday, August 22, 2016 2:49 PM
  • all the versions of the anniversary upgrades are showing as Not Applicable to my machines.

This is something that would use to show up clearly in the WindowsUpdate.log (at least if a debug option was enabled).  However, now that we have to use PowerShell Get-WindowsUpdateLog to generate that file, results are iffy to say the least.  Otherwise, as always, my tack would be to run ProcMon to try to get an inventory of all  possible diagnostics.  E.g. filter with Operation Is WriteFile and then summary that with Tools, Count Occurrences on the Path field.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, August 22, 2016 3:14 PM