none
launch startup repair (recommended) issue

Question

• i just install windows 7 rc and when i turn the laptop on (hp dv2626la) it begins to stat but then reboots inmediatly before showing user id´s then after it reboots 2 options are offered: launch startup repair (recommended), and start windows normaly... i always choose " start windows normally" then everything runs perfect... so i thought that it was a hardware or driver compatibility with 7, but i had the beta 7 before i install de 7 rc and it worked perfectly well...even better than this RC version.... so is there a way to solve this issue?
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:10 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks  for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

Yes, it may be related to hardware or driver compatibility. Thus you may need to contact manufacturer to see if any driver is updated, please update hardware driver to the latest version. Meanwhile, it is recommended to turn on Windows Update searching for the latest updates.

By the way, I would like to suggest that you check system files too.

1)   Open a command prompt by typing Command Prompt in the Start box, and right clicking the Command Prompt running as administrator.

2)   Type in: sfc /scannow to check the whole system files and fix corrupted ones.

3)   Restart the computer.

If the issue persists, please perform Startup Repair with Windows 7 RC DVD if you own one.

Startup Repair

==============

Note: Please ensure that the DVD-ROM is the first booting device.

1)   Please insert the Windows 7 RC DVD and reboot the computer.

2)   When we are prompted to press a key to boot from the DVD, please press Enter or the space bar.

3)   Choose your language settings, and then click Next.

4)   Click Repair your computer.

5)   Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.

6)   On the System Recovery Options menu, click Startup Repair. Startup Repair might prompt you to make choices as it tries to fix the problem, and if necessary, it might restart your computer as it makes repairs.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Thursday, July 16, 2009 10:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks  for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

Yes, it may be related to hardware or driver compatibility. Thus you may need to contact manufacturer to see if any driver is updated, please update hardware driver to the latest version. Meanwhile, it is recommended to turn on Windows Update searching for the latest updates.

By the way, I would like to suggest that you check system files too.

1)   Open a command prompt by typing Command Prompt in the Start box, and right clicking the Command Prompt running as administrator.

2)   Type in: sfc /scannow to check the whole system files and fix corrupted ones.

3)   Restart the computer.

If the issue persists, please perform Startup Repair with Windows 7 RC DVD if you own one.

Startup Repair

==============

Note: Please ensure that the DVD-ROM is the first booting device.

1)   Please insert the Windows 7 RC DVD and reboot the computer.

2)   When we are prompted to press a key to boot from the DVD, please press Enter or the space bar.

3)   Choose your language settings, and then click Next.

4)   Click Repair your computer.

5)   Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.

6)   On the System Recovery Options menu, click Startup Repair. Startup Repair might prompt you to make choices as it tries to fix the problem, and if necessary, it might restart your computer as it makes repairs.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Thursday, July 16, 2009 10:51 AM
  • thanks for the advice...but didnt worked...i even tried the microsofts compatibility software... the compatibility is 100%.... any other idea???...thanks
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:01 PM
  • Hi,

I suspect this may be due to confilicts between programs.  I recommend that you try to perform a Clean boot to load minimal programs at the Startup and see if the issue is related to loading programs. You can enable and disable programs one by one to identify the exact application or service which cause this kind of issue. 

Hope this helps. Thanks.
    Friday, July 31, 2009 2:00 AM