Windows 7 won't accept ANY Nvidia drivers to completely install---Period.

Question

• Every single set of drivers I have tryed to install(AND, they are 64-bit drivers). Windows 7 will NOT totally accept. Windows 7 kicks out the install--right as it get to it's patterned screen to continue and finish the actual install.
             I have TWO 7950 GT 512 mb. OC BFG cards SLied and I'm running have been running with what was "stated as" totally Windows 7 compatiable with Windows 7?!?
         Does ANY one here have an answer that might just work?  
                                                                              Joe 

Joseph Williamson
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 12:45 PM

Answers

• Just a reminder,

It's OK to have a discussion about any Windows 7 subject you wish on these forums as long as everyone follows the published - Community Code of Conduct

I am referring to these sections, in particular:

Respect Others

We encourage everyone to treat each other with mutual respect. Do not use any communication or collaboration services to threaten, harass, stalk, or abuse others participating in these services. Microsoft reserves the right to remove posts that advocate or encourage expressions of violence, bigotry, racism, hatred, or profanity. Microsoft may remove postings that are deemed inappropriate, offensive or that violate guidelines or this Code of Conduct. Microsoft may also, at its sole discretion, eject or ban any user from their area who behaves in a manner deemed inappropriate, offensive or who violates guidelines or this Code of Conduct. By participating in a collaborative service, you agree to be bound to the rules of that area.

Be Nice

Microsoft does not tolerate disruptive activity online, such as persistent off-topic comments and postings or statements that incite others to violate this Code of Conduct or participate in illegal activities. Our participants want to chat and post on our collaborative services in a positive environment.

Microsoft reserves the right to ban a user at any time for not being nice.

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, June 02, 2009 6:00 AM

All replies

• What is your Windows 7 edition? Is it x64 or x86?

Trying to install x64 drivers in x86 OS is futile, you should've known that

Also, try the official beta Windows 7 driver from nVIDIA in www.nvidia.com I've tried Windows 7 Beta Build 7000 x64, and Windows 7 RC1 Build 7100. Both with their respective system's drivers (x64 and x86 nVIDIA Windows 7 graphics card driver) and I'm lucky to report both of them installed succesfully

verify your Windows 7 Edition and try that beta Windows 7 driver from nVIDIA, you might get yourself to somewhere
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 5:47 PM
  • Joseph,

By "every single set of drivers," do you mean any and all drivers, or just video drivers? How, exactly, does Windows 7 "kick out the install"?
    -Alex
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 5:51 PM
  • You probably already tried this... but if not, give it a go...  http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

Choose "Option 2:  Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products."

The other thing to try would be to remove your Nvidia drivers altogether and reboot. I think Windows should automatically get the correct drivers for your card via Windows Update after the reboot.
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 6:50 PM
  • Raestloz,
     I thought I stated that;but,  I am running Windows 7 RC 64-bit. I usually DON'T touch their(NVIDIA) BETAS'...  Due, to the "fact" that it is a "beta". And, also that from experience with NVIDIA's "beta's-- I stay clear. But, that's only just from my own experience with their beta versions.  I know I am running Windows 7 RC--trust me. I verifiy--everything(completely), prior to "doing" any thing--with "any" program" I am trying to work with, or try to "bug fix".
                                                      That's just the way I am...  But, thanks for the input.
                                                                                                                                                Ole' Joe

Joseph Williamson
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 8:38 PM
  • Axfelix,
       Just SO-called compatiable Windows 7/Vista 64-bit NVIDIA video drivers.
    Joseph Williamson
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 8:39 PM
  • Raestloz,
     I thought I stated that;but,  I am running Windows 7 RC 64-bit. I usually DON'T touch their(NVIDIA) BETAS'...  Due, to the "fact" that it is a "beta". And, also that from experience with NVIDIA's "beta's-- I stay clear. But, that's only just from my own experience with their beta versions.  I know I am running Windows 7 RC--trust me. I verifiy--everything(completely), prior to "doing" any thing--with "any" program" I am trying to work with, or try to "bug fix".
                                                      That's just the way I am...  But, thanks for the input.
                                                                                                                                                Ole' Joe

Joseph Williamson

Just to be clear.  This means that you have NOT tried the BETA drivers?
    Monday, June 01, 2009 9:28 PM
  • I had no problems installing nVidia Video drivers on 32/64 bit Windows 7.  Had to download them from nVidia's website though.
    GA P35 DQ6 Mb, Intel Wolfdale 8600 3.33Ghz C2D CPU., 4x2Gb Mushkin DDR2 1066 PC2 8500 Ascents Memory Mods., PNY-nVidia GE Force 8800 GTS (640MB), 4-Western Digital Caviar SATA(2) HDD's (internal), 1 EIDE-USB External; Hauppauge PVR 1600 TV tuner, Dual Monitor: (1) Standard up top, (1) WideScreen below; Altec Lansing Speakers. Here Kitty, Kitty...that's my Kitty Kat, he's a Kat, because he is kat...kat.
    Monday, June 01, 2009 9:52 PM
  • Just a reminder,

It's OK to have a discussion about any Windows 7 subject you wish on these forums as long as everyone follows the published - Community Code of Conduct

I am referring to these sections, in particular:

Respect Others

We encourage everyone to treat each other with mutual respect. Do not use any communication or collaboration services to threaten, harass, stalk, or abuse others participating in these services. Microsoft reserves the right to remove posts that advocate or encourage expressions of violence, bigotry, racism, hatred, or profanity. Microsoft may remove postings that are deemed inappropriate, offensive or that violate guidelines or this Code of Conduct. Microsoft may also, at its sole discretion, eject or ban any user from their area who behaves in a manner deemed inappropriate, offensive or who violates guidelines or this Code of Conduct. By participating in a collaborative service, you agree to be bound to the rules of that area.

Be Nice

Microsoft does not tolerate disruptive activity online, such as persistent off-topic comments and postings or statements that incite others to violate this Code of Conduct or participate in illegal activities. Our participants want to chat and post on our collaborative services in a positive environment.

Microsoft reserves the right to ban a user at any time for not being nice.

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, June 02, 2009 6:00 AM