none
WINTV-HvR 950Q on Windows 7 Virtual Machine on Mac no tuner available

Question

• HELP. I have a macbook pro. Using Parallels, I have Windows 7 as a virtual machine. I bought WIN-TV-HVR 950Q to run in Media Centre on the virtual machine. At home, everything worked. However, now that I'm at school it doesn't. When I setup the tuner in media centre everything works fine. When I go to watch live tv, no tuner is available and sometimes no signal. The blue light on the win-tv turns on but not the signal light.

I've also tried with Wintv viewing system with no luck

PLEASE HELP

Friday, September 17, 2010 1:11 AM

Answers

• Hi, I suggest you to reinstall the driver of WINTV-HvR 950Q for test. Or change another USB port.  As it works well when you at home, it is a possible that the signal of TV in your school is not stable.

Furthermore you can ask the manufacturer for further help:

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_hvr950q.html

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, September 20, 2010 6:03 AM