none
Windows 7 on MSI Wind U100

Question

• This may be a little late with the release just a few days away but I would like to see more drivers for the netbook chipset and the devices.  My MSI Wind had issues with the card reader causing the system to hang.  Is anyone aware of any fixes for this?

Also file copy opperations are slow.
    Friday, October 16, 2009 2:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• Win 7 should be able to detect MSI wind and assign all drivers, or else just download the drivers from MSI site. Btw what makes you think that your system hanging has to do with the card reader?
    Friday, October 16, 2009 3:54 PM
    Answerer
  • I think every laptop I've touched has a card reader issue.  If you can find out who made the card reader, you might find a driver in advance.  Took me a while to find a Vista 64 driver for what turned out to be a Richoh-manufactured SD card reader in a Dell laptop.  I also have a Dell netbook, and to their credit, they have posted a bunch of Win7 software and drivers on their support pages for the Mini 1010 netbook.  The built in card readers are a moot point for me since my cameras all use CF, and the built-in readers are SD.
    Monday, October 19, 2009 5:03 PM
  • I had the same exact issue and I reverted the system back to XP just to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue. 

Right after I did that, MSI Posted a bunch of Windows 7 Drivers on their site. 

http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=135&prod_no=1474

I have RC 7100 and may just re-apply it myself this week.  It seems weird using XP again since both my work PC's are running the RTM version and running great. 
    Monday, October 19, 2009 10:58 PM