intune company portal in start menu RRS feed

• Question

• i am trying to deploy custom start menu layout from intune. as part of autopilot deployment.

the custom layout include office icons,calendar ,teams ,one drive and company portal

only company portal icon is not showing in start menu llayout after autopilot even though its installed.

Intune company portal is deployed from intune integrated store for business online app

is there any issue in adding company portal to custom start menu layout ?

verification

• Edited by ihaa Sunday, January 26, 2020 4:27 PM typo corrected
    Sunday, January 26, 2020 4:26 PM

All replies

• Is the computer device Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, or Education and version is Windows 10, version 1703 or later? If so, install all apps and services that the Start layout should display. You can refer the following guide to customize and export Start layout.

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/customize-and-export-start-layout 

Best regards,

Cici

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 27, 2020 7:32 AM
  • the system is 1909

i tried manually ... through GPO .. intune....etc.

all icons works except intune company portal ..... not sure if i am missing anything..

verification

Thursday, January 30, 2020 7:44 PM
  • What did you put in your start menu for the company portal? You can try something like this (but fix up its location/posistion)

<start:Tile Size="2x2" Column="0" Row="0" AppUserModelID="Microsoft.CompanyPortal_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App" />

Thursday, January 30, 2020 8:49 PM
  • Hi Nick,

I tried the same ID but unfortunately  company portal is now showing in layout....

verification

Saturday, February 1, 2020 4:19 PM
  • i tried the same start menu layout using intune policy and company portal  worked.. 

but we dont want to enforce start menu layout.. user want to change the layout

i am trying to use the michael neahus script . it works great to deploy custom start menu layout but As i mentioned earlier only company portal doent show up in start menu in this case.

https://github.com/mtniehaus/AutopilotBranding

verification

Saturday, February 1, 2020 7:34 PM
  • Is the Company Portal app visible in other parts of system? When you pin the app manually and export the Layout will be the ID of app same?

Saturday, February 1, 2020 9:49 PM
  • below is the xml

<LayoutModificationTemplate xmlns:defaultlayout="http://schemas.microsoft.com/Start/2014/FullDefaultLayout" xmlns:start="http://schemas.microsoft.com/Start/2014/StartLayout" Version="1" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/Start/2014/LayoutModification">
      <LayoutOptions StartTileGroupCellWidth="6" />
      <DefaultLayoutOverride>
        <StartLayoutCollection>
          <defaultlayout:StartLayout GroupCellWidth="6">
            <start:Group Name="">
              <start:DesktopApplicationTile Size="1x1" Column="1" Row="0" DesktopApplicationID="Microsoft.Office.EXCEL.EXE.15" />
              <start:DesktopApplicationTile Size="1x1" Column="2" Row="1" DesktopApplicationID="Microsoft.Office.POWERPNT.EXE.15" />
              <start:DesktopApplicationTile Size="1x1" Column="3" Row="0" DesktopApplicationID="Microsoft.SkyDrive.Desktop" />
              <start:DesktopApplicationTile Size="1x1" Column="1" Row="1" DesktopApplicationID="com.squirrel.Teams.Teams" />
              <start:Tile Size="1x1" Column="0" Row="1" AppUserModelID="Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe!MicrosoftEdge" />
              <start:Tile Size="2x2" Column="4" Row="0" AppUserModelID="Microsoft.CompanyPortal_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App" />
              <start:DesktopApplicationTile Size="1x1" Column="2" Row="0" DesktopApplicationID="Microsoft.Office.WINWORD.EXE.15" />
              <start:DesktopApplicationTile Size="1x1" Column="0" Row="0" DesktopApplicationID="Microsoft.Office.OUTLOOK.EXE.15" />
              <start:Tile Size="1x1" Column="3" Row="1" AppUserModelID="Microsoft.Office.OneNote_8wekyb3d8bbwe!microsoft.onenoteim" />
            </start:Group>
            <start:Group Name="">
              <start:Tile Size="4x4" Column="0" Row="0" AppUserModelID="Microsoft.BingWeather_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App" />
              <start:Tile Size="2x2" Column="4" Row="2" AppUserModelID="windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy!microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel" />
              <start:Tile Size="2x2" Column="4" Row="0" AppUserModelID="Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App" />
            </start:Group>
          </defaultlayout:StartLayout>
        </StartLayoutCollection>
      </DefaultLayoutOverride>
    </LayoutModificationTemplate>

verification

• Edited by ihaa Sunday, February 2, 2020 4:49 AM typo
    Sunday, February 2, 2020 4:48 AM
  • Company portal show up  with  above  xml and works fine only with Intune GUI start menu  settings or CSP. We dont want to use this appoch since user cant change layout

Same xml doent work for company portal icon  if i copy layout  to C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\LayoutModification.xml... Micheal neahaus script is using the copy approach

Yes, company portal is installed and i can see in the system while i scroll down i can see 

verification

• Edited by ihaa Sunday, February 2, 2020 4:55 AM typo
    Sunday, February 2, 2020 4:54 AM
  • Just reminder, if there is no response in this forum, for the script related issue, you can also post a ticket in MSDN script center.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/

Best regards,

Cici

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 3, 2020 3:32 AM
  • I'm having the same issue. Using the same autopilot branding app, but Company Portal will not get pinned to the start menu. Did you have any luck with this yet?
    Wednesday, July 29, 2020 2:41 PM