none
Error Code OxC004E022 - Not Genuin Software

Question

• We downloaded Windows 7 Enterprise 90-day trial one week ago.  We authenticated the software within the 1-week requirement.  The system crashed on Friday and we had to go to a previous restore point.  Now when we boot the screen says  "Windows 7  Windows License is expired  Biuld 7600  THis opy of Windows is not genuine  and we get an error code of 0xC004E022

The only option seems to be to purchase a full version - thus defeating the purpose of the 90-day trial.  Microsoft wants to charge us for support on this 90-day trial.  Rediculous.  The cost of support would outweigh the cost of the software and we still couldn't test our network, software, etc which is the whole point of the 90-day trial.

Can anyone tell me how I can solve this?

The software shuts down once an hour.

Thanks.
    Monday, February 22, 2010 10:35 AM

Answers

All replies

• Explanation for the error code of 0xC004E022:
    The Software Licensing Service reported that the secure store id value in license does not match with the current value.

IOW, you've got corrupt value in your secure store.

Your subsequent bitching is not in place because you broke your Windows. 90-day trial works well for thousands of other users. Getting free support for free software is not common practice in the industry.

You can solve your problem by first establishing the root cause of problem and implementing corrective actions. Some causes of Windows 7 corruption and instabilities are:
    1. Malware
    2. Hardware faults
    3. Poorly written Drivers  
    4. Poorly written software

I hope you will find the root cause of your problem.

You can rebuild your testing environment and start over.

Monday, February 22, 2010 12:50 PM
  • Hi Miceal,

To troubleshoot the issue, I would like to suggest you perform the following suggestions:

Suggestion 1: Test the issue in Clean Boot

Suggestion 2: Run the MGA Diagnostic Tool

==========================

1. Install and launch MGA Diagnostic Tool.

2. Click the Continue button.

3. Under the Windows tab, click the Resolve button if it is highlighted.

4. Restart the computer.

Suggestion 3: Retype the same product key

Suggestion 4: Run SLUI 4.exe and re-activate Windows 7 by phone

Does it work?

Regards,

Also, you can post a thread in this forum: Windows 7 Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Windows 7)

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 2:26 AM