none
windows XP: DCM error

Question

• I found this error frequently while I checked the error log.

DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service gusvc with arguments "" in order to run the server:
    {89DAE4CD-9F17-4980-902A-99BA84A8F5C8}

what is this error is all about
    why it is occurring
    what is its impact
    how to prevent it.

reply on kets_2000@hotmail.com
    Tuesday, May 04, 2010 3:49 AM

All replies

• Hi - did you ever get a response to your questions about :

DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service gusvc with arguments "" in order to run the server:"?
    I'm seeing the same thing. I'm trying to solve why my computer locks up during shutdown.
    Monday, July 12, 2010 7:34 PM
  • Hi - did you ever get a response to your questions about :

DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service gusvc with arguments "" in order to run the server:"?
    I'm seeing the same thing. I'm trying to solve why my computer locks up during shutdown.

The error your getting (gusvc) is related to the "Google Update Service", if you have any Google application(s) installed, then uninstalling them and reinstalling should take care of your problem. usually its the Google Toolbar, but can be anything that is installed by Google
    Dennis ,, Owner: HTML tutorial Please dont forget to mark any post(s) that helped as helpful or answered EMAIL ME:: PERSONAL EMAIL :: BUSINESS EMAIL
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 6:41 AM