none
Windows 7 Bluetooth Not Working

Question

• My Logitech Mediaboard Pro worked fine with my USB 2.0 Bluetooth radio under Vista Home Premium x64.  

I received the Windows 7 Upgrade x64 media and performed a clean install using the double install method (format, install, upgrade) and my bluetooth does not work well.  The bluetooth radio seems to work fine and the bluetooth icon shows up in the taskbar, but times out pretty rapidly in terms of pairing the keyboard.  Sometimes it hardly gives me any time to input the pairing code.  Even when I do get the pairing code in, the keyboard shows up in the device manager and then disappears randomly.

What can I do to fix this problem?
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 3:08 AM

Answers

• Hello Skyrend,

According to your problem description, I suppose that it should be a device driver incompatibility related issue. First you might go to Device Manager, right click your Bluetooth device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software.

Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver via Run as administrator. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait or push the device manufacturer to upgrade its driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Tuesday, November 10, 2009 6:55 AM
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 7:54 AM
  • skyrend,
    You need setpoint 4.8 (64-bit) from Logitech here. Check to be sure your Bloothtooth device in the computer is working.

Any success? 
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 12:04 PM

All replies

• Hello Skyrend,

According to your problem description, I suppose that it should be a device driver incompatibility related issue. First you might go to Device Manager, right click your Bluetooth device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software.

Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver via Run as administrator. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait or push the device manufacturer to upgrade its driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

Andy

Thursday, November 05, 2009 7:54 AM
  • skyrend,
    You need setpoint 4.8 (64-bit) from Logitech here. Check to be sure your Bloothtooth device in the computer is working.

Any success? 
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 12:04 PM
  • negatory, that is a fail.

I am also having the same issue with the mediaboard pro (attempting)pair with a Cirago BT3310 bluetooth adapter. running it in compatibility mode in anything hasn't done much. the keyboard is recognized and generic bluetooth keyboard drivers are installed when using the provided cd/software; it also asks for a pin when pairing the devices. wteff. when the generic drivers are used the device isn't visible at all.

Windows 7x64bit = fail.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 2:58 AM