none
Netsh Error Windows 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• how do i fix and run Netsh within Windows 8.1 from the command line I'm attempting to run "netsh wlan show profiles" it returns this error 'netsh' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." please instruct me on how to fix and make netsh a working command ... thankyou in advance. 

HaKDMoDz

Thursday, December 15, 2016 6:47 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Netsh is basic command line tool and it should work. Please uninstall the third-party software on your system and run SFC /SCANNOW command at administrative Command Prompt and see if that helps.

Hope this helps, Good luck :)

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:43 AM
  • Hi HaKDMoDz,

It could be caused by the path. You can fix the problem temporarily by typing this command:

path %path%;c:\Windows\System32 Or path=c:\windows;c:\windows\system32

Then we could try use the netsh command again.

If the issue still insists, we need verify program exists and modify environment variables.

https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/36697-how-to-fix-not-recognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command-in-windows

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If your computer doesn’t have the netsh.exe file, the Windows also will fail. We could download the netsh.exe file and put it in the right place and it will work fine.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 16, 2016 5:49 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 7:29 AM
  • path=c:\windows;c:\windows\system32 worked for me.

Thank you!

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 8:21 AM