none
Error in upgrading windows 7 ad 8 devices to windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team,

I’m trying to upgrade a windows 7 device to windows 10 but I’m facing several challenges. At first I got an error of the form “Client does not have the Particular Privilege to upgrade this PC, try restarting PC and retry upgrading” I restarted several times but it still kept on giving up the error. After several troubleshoot, I had to remove the device from the company domain and created a local administrative account before I was able to upgrade the device. Now, my question is that must I remove all the machines from their domain before I can successfully upgrade the devices to windows because my target is to upgrade a lot of devices without losing their files and applications.

Please if there any way out to the error?

Monday, September 16, 2019 5:28 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

As you have multiple Windows 7 devices which need to upgrade to Windows 10. So why not try to use MDT (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit) tool which could help you upgrade them in batch without lost files.

Here is a detailed steps article for your reference.

Perform an in-place upgrade to Windows 10 with MDT

By the way, the error message about privilege might be related with your configuration in domain, so that is why your computer could upgrade without domain. I would recommend to check applied group policy if any related items was configured. But I would recommend to use MDT at first.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:11 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved? 

I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 2:34 AM