none
Installing Windows on part of SSD RRS feed

• Question

•   Is it true that even when I install Windows on a one of four partitions of a new SSD, the wear-leveling algorithm found originally on the SSD, will spread the usage and data across the entire SSD and won't limit it just to the installation partition ??  
    Wednesday, October 2, 2019 1:25 PM

Answers

•   Is it true that even when I install Windows on a one of four partitions of a new SSD, the wear-leveling algorithm found originally on the SSD, will spread the usage and data across the entire SSD and won't limit it just to the installation partition ??  

Let me clarify.

To answer your question above.

No is is not true.

I go on to explain, wear leveling evenly distributes writing on all blocks of a SSD so they wear evenly. Partitions remain the same.

• Marked as answer by newu_873 Sunday, November 24, 2019 9:42 AM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 1:29 PM

All replies

• No, wear leveling evenly distributes writing on all blocks of a SSD so they wear evenly. Partitions remain the same.
    • Marked as answer by newu_873 Wednesday, October 2, 2019 5:15 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by newu_873 Wednesday, October 2, 2019 5:15 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Joy-QiaoModerator Thursday, October 3, 2019 2:26 AM
    Wednesday, October 2, 2019 2:38 PM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 8:00 AM
  •  Hi,

I didn't received answer for my specific question.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 9:33 AM
  • Hi, 

I think Lead3 answered your issue. Do you have any confuse? If yes, please reply to us. 

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 31, 2019 9:46 AM
  • Hi, 

I think Lead3 answered your issue. Do you have any confuse? If yes, please reply to us. 

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Hi, 

Thanks for your care.  That answer is a bit confusing.  It starts with "No" and then contradicts itself.  

Friday, November 1, 2019 3:47 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I think it would be a grammar issue. 

If the lead3 information is useful for you, please mark it as answer. If you have confuse about his answer, please reply to us. 

bests, 

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:54 AM

Let me clarify.

To answer your question above.

No is is not true.

I go on to explain, wear leveling evenly distributes writing on all blocks of a SSD so they wear evenly. Partitions remain the same.

• Marked as answer by newu_873 Sunday, November 24, 2019 9:42 AM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 1:29 PM