none
Windows 7 wlan drivers for Fujitsu Amilo Li 1818

Question

• Hello, I have a problem with Windows 7. I am running a Fujitsu Amilo Li 1818 laptop. The installation went fine, but i have to download a driver for the WLAN card. And i can't find anywhere!
    I have installed the Vista and Xp drivers from the Fujitsu website but nothing.Any ideas how I can fix this?
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 11:48 AM

Answers

• Hello Mixalakis,

First you might go to Device Manager, right click your hardware device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software or directly download the latest driver from Microsoft Update Catalog.

Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver via Run as administrator. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait or push the device manufacturer to upgrade its driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Monday, January 04, 2010 8:22 AM
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 9:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You may wait until the driver supported for Windows 7 has been released from Fujitsu. You may try Compatiability mode of running the setup program for the drivers which you used for Vista here. But there is no gurantee.The other alternatives are not good and may lead to system instability. I suggest you to contact Fujitsu

regards from www.windowsadmin.info
    ManuPhilip
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 12:25 PM
  • I am asking because a guy from here: EdamAnchorman
    said that he find it and install it perfectly!
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 1:28 PM
  • Hello, I have a problem with Windows 7. I am running a Fujitsu Amilo Li 1818 laptop. The installation went fine, but i have to download a driver for the WLAN card. And i can't find anywhere!
    I have installed the Vista and Xp drivers from the Fujitsu website but nothing.Any ideas how I can fix this?

Can you provide a link to the Fujitsu downloads?  Do you know what WLAN card is in your laptop?  There are lots of cards in use and to find a driver we need to know what we are looking for.

One website implies it could be either an Intel 3945ABG or a Fujitsu SIS Mini PciE WiFi WLan Card D2301, a.k.a. SiS163U.

If it's an Intel 3945ABG you can download the Win 7 driver @ http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-010623.htm

The SiS does not appear to have any Win 7 drivers at this time.  For this you should contact Fujitsu Tech Support for assistance.
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 2:15 PM
  • I am asking because a guy from here: EdamAnchorman
    said that he find it and install it perfectly!

You link above appears to not be a valid link.  I can't get anything there!
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 2:19 PM
  • When i had windows XP wlan shows as Fujitsu Siemens Computers Wlan 802 11B/G D1705 D1706...

On my previous comment i didn't give any link is the nickname of the guy who said to another thread that it installs Wlan driver on windows 7 at the same laptop

The link to the Fujitsu downloads for Amilo Li 1818: http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/com/support/downloads.html
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 2:40 PM
  • The link to post by EdamAnchorman is http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprohardware/thread/3544ebe2-5339-441b-b65d-60c8c399fa4f but there is no solution posted for the WLAM.  The solution is about enabling USB.

It appears Siemens sold its computer arm to Fujitsu and SiS does not have an updated driver on their web site.  Is this a WLAN adapter you plug into the USB port?  If so you may need to purchase a replacement and ensure you find on with Windows 7 drivers.
    • Proposed as answer by Rick Dee Tuesday, December 29, 2009 10:38 PM
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 4:45 PM
  • Yeah i saw that the solution is for enabling USB. But the guy it mention that he installed the drivers for WLAN. Anyway, the WLAN is factorial i don't plug in. I must wait fujitsu to give drivers for Windows 7! Thanks!
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 5:11 PM
  • Hello Mixalakis,

First you might go to Device Manager, right click your hardware device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software or directly download the latest driver from Microsoft Update Catalog.

Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver via Run as administrator. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait or push the device manufacturer to upgrade its driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Monday, January 04, 2010 8:22 AM
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 9:30 AM
  • Anyone get driver for Wireless card on Amilo li1818.Card is Fujitsu Siemens WLAN 802.11b/g(SiS163u)#2 I try with drivers for Vista but just not work correct and can't connect to any network.
    Sunday, January 31, 2010 6:24 AM
  • Hi,

I got solution about this problem (Amilo li 1818 / Windows 7 wlan driver).
    I installed SiS163U WLAN Driver 1.09d (http://www.brothersoft.com/sis163u-wlan-driver-112837.html) . Works fine with Windows 7 (32bit).
    I hope that this information will help You to get your amilo li 1818 wlan to work.

Good Luck!
    Stube
    • Proposed as answer by Stube Saturday, February 13, 2010 9:19 AM
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 9:19 AM
  • Thank's a lot!

It really helped me.

I installed SiS163U WLAN Driver 1.09d on Amilo Li1818 and now wireless is working also with Windows 7 (32bit)

Sunday, May 02, 2010 9:58 AM
  • hey just saying thank u so much for that. its worked magic for me now i can use my wireless lan after having installed windows 7. its taken me 2 good days to do it but hey am more than happy its paid off after downloading all the crapy driver manger programs. thanks so much once again
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 10:24 PM
  • I have the same problem but i have ( Amilo li1718) with windows 7 wlan it's not work...
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 1:11 AM
  • You must remember that Microsoft is not responsible for the drivers and utility software for third party hardware.  That is the sole responsibility of the manufacturer or vendor.

You need to check with the manufacturer of you computer for Windows 7 drivers.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 6:12 PM