Access shared folder over the network from windows 8 "Access Denied"

Question

• I have windows 8 x64 release preview , trying to access a shared folder over the network on a DFS server , always get access denied error , if I tried to access the same folder from windows 7 machine , all is fine ! I have added the below registry value " LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy" , disable the firewall , enable all advanced sharing options , still no luck. Any help is appreciated , thanks 
    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 5:37 AM

Answers

All replies

• Please see if the following article can help you.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askds/archive/2009/06/04/the-case-of-the-random-dfs-access-denial.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 8:30 AM
  • Please see if the following article can help you.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askds/archive/2009/06/04/the-case-of-the-random-dfs-access-denial.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Hi Guys.

Nothing posted here has even come close to helping resolve the issue of accessing network shares on a Windows 8 x64 client box.

Specifically, I installed a fresh copy of Windows 8 Enterprise x64 on my Compaq Presario 3650L, creating a dual-boot to Windows 7 Professional x64 environment. Now I am unable to access any of my external drives via our network. Any of the 3 partitions on the local drive, C$, D$ & E$, are accessible from anywhere on our network, but not any of the externals.

I have tried numerous solutions found on many different tech websites, i.e. resetting inheritable permissions, Sharing=Nobody>Sharing=Selected Network Users, device>Properties>Sharing>Advance>Sharing device>adding Everyone=All, etc., all without any success.

How is it that the 3 local partitions can be accessed via network shares but none of the external drives even if they are shared by device as well as selected folders?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Regards,

Cole

A teacher affects eternity: he can never tell where his influnce stops.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:43 AM