none
How do I export my Gmail.com accounts data to Thunderbird MBOX? RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Gmail.com accounts for a long time so now I want to export my all Gmail.com account data to Thunderbird MBOX so suggest me the idea regarding export Gmail.com accounts to Thunderbird MBOX

thanks 

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 11:26 AM

All replies

• Your question is related to neither Windows nor Microsoft so you have posted to the wrong forum.

For information Thunderbird is an email client not an email service and does not have a "Thunderbird MBOX" to import your emails. You can use it with a wide range of email services including Gmail.com. You just need to read their help pages (the Mozilla wiki) to find how to setup your Gmail account.

• Edited by misar1946 Tuesday, March 5, 2019 3:42 PM
    Tuesday, March 5, 2019 3:41 PM
  • You have to get the server addreses of SMTP and IMAP of Gmail Service, and probably ports assuming that all accounts data is stored on gmail servers and not localy. Then setup all acount in Thanderbird client and, all the data should download itself to your client.
    Wednesday, March 6, 2019 1:26 PM
  • I am using Gmail.com accounts for a long time so now I want to export my all Gmail.com account data to Thunderbird MBOX so suggest me the idea regarding export Gmail.com accounts to Thunderbird MBOX

thanks 

For the backup of Gmail account you can try Gmail backup tool they help to create the backup of your Gmail account they backup your account in a few steps like.
    The first step is to install and run software
    Second,  Gmail username and password is required for connecting to your Gmail account  therefor
    The third step is to select whose mail you want to backup 
    The last step is a select export option (EML, EMLX, MSG, MBOX, PST) file format that as per requirement and the export data accessed to any version of outlook, Thunderbird MBOX, window live mail and other client  and select output directory  where do you want to save and then  click process now button . For more detail use this link: http://www.download.adwages.com/gmail-backup-software/

Thursday, March 7, 2019 5:52 AM
  • Hi,

Please refer to the following link:

How to Back Up Your Gmail and View .MBOX Files

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-back-up-your-gmail-and-view-mbox-files-1827660389

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Since it’s not a windows issue, you’d better contact Thunderbird Support Forum | Mozilla Support.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 7, 2019 6:31 PM
  • Hi,
    Was your issue solved?
    If yes, would you like to share your solution in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.
    Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 2:47 AM
  • In order to transfer your Gmail data to somewhere else, you can take the help of Google Takeout Service. This service is offered by Google that will let you download the required data from Gmail.com account in MBOX file.

Then you can use the Import option in Mozilla Thunderbird to import the Gmail data. But remember that when you import Google data following this technique, you will have trouble seeing the images and attachments.

To Know how you can import Gmail MBOX to Thunderbird, you can read this blog.

Hope this helps.

• Edited by BruceA10 Thursday, April 11, 2019 12:12 PM
    Thursday, April 11, 2019 12:10 PM
  • Hi

If you want a direct export of Gmail.com accounts data to Thunderbird MBOX, try Gmail Backup Tool. It is a complete software which allows to backup Gmail mailbox folders to Thunderbird, Outlook, Outlook.com, Office 365 and more. It is an expertise recommended solution which provide lot of effective features with instant functionality. Try Gmail Backup Tool free download edition and check the whole process to export first 20 Gmail files to Thunderbird free of cost.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 11:13 AM
  • Download all emails from Gmail backup server to laptop or hard drive easily with Gmail Backup for Mac software this backup utility developed for windows operating system to take all backup from Gmail Backup server to PST, MSG, EML, EMLX, and MBOX file extension.

You can download this free app from here:-  https://www.mailvita.com/gmail-backup-for-mac/

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 7:36 AM
  • Read this blog it  will be helpful for you to export your complete email data of Gmail emails into Thunderbird emails  in few simple steps. It is easy to use application which allows you to access your Gmail emails again in Thunderbird in few seconds.  You read that blog from this link: https://www.softaken.com/blog/access-gmail-emails-into-thunderbird-application
    Wednesday, October 23, 2019 7:48 AM