none
Possibilty to repair windows task scheduler ?? RRS feed

• Question

• System restore does not work automatically.

Times ago I put in new triggers, works for some time.

Then defect again. If I call windows task scheduler multiple faults.

Friday, September 13, 2019 11:47 AM

All replies

• Windows OS services/data can be repaired/checked by R.clicking cmd,run in Administrator mode,in cmd type:

Sfc /Scannow   once Sfc is done,type:  CHKDSK C: /F  agree to restart,type: EXIT  restart pc..The repairs in Sfc get done on pc restart...

Saturday, September 14, 2019 7:17 AM
  • Windows 7 does automatically create restore points under the following three conditions:

1) Prior to an application installation (provided the application utilizes an installer which is System Restore compliant).
    2) Prior to Windows Update installation.
    3) If no other restore points have been created for 7 days.

However, to set up automatic creation of restore points outside the above-mentioned conditions, you'll need a 3rd party script or software.

Nevertheless, there are no real benefits to setting auto restore points outside the default. Besides, System Restore is not designed as a backup feature/solution. System Imaging will best serve as a backup/restore solution.

To fix the Task Scheduler faults you're encountering, you may have to perform an in-place repair upgrade.

Obinna C. Onwusobalu ~ MCSA MCTS MCITP

It's all fun and games until someone divides by zero.

windowshelper.home.blog

Saturday, September 14, 2019 10:09 PM
  • Hi,

Would you please provide more information about the detailed error message?

If possible, please take a screenshot for the error and upload the images in our forum directly so that I can do further analysis based on the error.

You could refer to the following link to repair windows task scheduler as your reference:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-repair-a-corrupted-task-scheduler-in/863fa099-0714-4dad-9e1d-f972b008f972?page=2

Hope above information can help you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 16, 2019 6:04 AM
  • I want to avoid an IU !
    Thursday, September 19, 2019 12:21 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried the above method? What's the meaning of IU?

You may also check Registry. All the tasks are stored in the following branch.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks

Check if the system restore tasks related branches are all present.

Additionally, check if the tasks are present in the task tree. Please check in the following branch. The structure is the same as it in the folder C:\Windows\System32\Tasks

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\Microsoft

Best Regards,

Farena

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 19, 2019 7:41 AM
  • IU = inplace upgrade.
    Tuesday, October 1, 2019 11:43 AM
  • IU = inplace upgrade.

That's definitely one of the options available for you to fix your broken TS.

...between, none of that is a globally designated acronym.

Obinna C. Onwusobalu ~ MCSA MCTS MCITP

It's all fun and games until someone divides by zero.

windowshelper.home.blog

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 11:59 AM
  • After the first message (in German) that task scheduler is not available and the 

image not available

there are faults concerning different tasks.

But in general the image call itself defect. By internet I do not find any solution, and those questioned are ok e.g. in registry.

The problem is not restore points but the scheduler itself. In former times on a second windows all works

even restore points even up to now but scheduler also call himself defect.

On the referring system in former times automatic restore points do not work so I put in some new triggers

who are working but I think at least only that from time at midnight.

System is in German. In English task image is corrupt or tampered with, but no special code or ID.

Monday, October 7, 2019 1:21 PM