none
Sticky Notes c:\windows\System32\StikyNot.exe unspecified error

Question

• Sticky notes not appearing on desktop or directory

NEW NOTE  c:\windows\System32\StikyNot.exe unspecified error

OPEN cannot open item as it may have been moved deleted etc...

SEARCH brings up headers but cannot open them

We cannot find the c:\windows\System32\StikyNot.exe file in the directory 

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 3:45 PM

Answers

• Please run System File Checker to see if the file can be repaired:

1. Insert the Windows 7 installation DVD into the DVD-ROM; Click Exit if the auto-menu pops up.

2. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow. 

3.  At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

For more information, please refer to this knowledge base (KB) article: How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:03 AM
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 6:03 AM

All replies

• Please run System File Checker to see if the file can be repaired:

1. Insert the Windows 7 installation DVD into the DVD-ROM; Click Exit if the auto-menu pops up.

2. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow. 

3.  At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

For more information, please refer to this knowledge base (KB) article: How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:03 AM
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 6:03 AM
  • WOW!! This absolutely worked for me!! amd it restored my last notes!!!! Although this wasn't my question...the solution was perfect...plus no it bills!
    Monday, June 28, 2010 7:46 PM
  • Hi I have the same issue however the system came with pre- installed software and the command sfc/scannow is not recognized on its own. What can I do as the error has been forcing a restart on my system. I cannot delete reinstall or alter the file.?
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 1:50 PM