Hyper-V-VmSwitch flooding Event Log RRS feed

• Question

• Hyper-V is flooding my Event Log with the following message. About 10 events per minute, 43,000 in 7 days.  

I'm not using Hyper-V, I know it is used by Core Isolation / Memory integrity, but that is turned off on my system. Suggestions?

Failed to initialize switch C08CB7B8-9B3C-408E-8E30-5E16A3AEB444 (Friendly Name: Default Switch

Log Name:      System
    Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Hyper-V-VmSwitch
    Date:          7/15/2020 3:36:55 PM
    Event ID:      10
    Task Category: (1005)
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      (128)
    User:          SYSTEM

Description:
    Failed to initialize switch C08CB7B8-9B3C-408E-8E30-5E16A3AEB444 (Friendly Name: Default Switch), status = Object Name already exists., UniqueEvent = 50.
    Monday, July 20, 2020 8:17 PM

All replies

• Hi jasguy,

>I'm not using Hyper-V, I know it is used by Core Isolation / Memory integrity, but that is turned off on my system. Suggestions?

1. If we not use Hyper-V, please try to uninstall Hyper V and then reboot the server, check if it could work.

2. Please run sfc /scannow on the Server, check if there's any corrupted system files.

3. Please also check if there's any anti-virus application running on the server, if yes, please uninstall it.

Thanks for your time!

Best Regards,

Anne

This "Windows 10 Virtualization" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details. 

"Windows 10 Virtualization" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Virtualization"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post
    Tuesday, July 21, 2020 5:11 AM
  • Hi jasguy,

We helped you post a new thread on Q&A platform. If you need follow-up or have any concerns about this issue, please come to the Q&A platform to discuss.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/61488/hyper-v-vmswitch-flooding-event-log.html?childToView=61618#answer-61618

Thanks for your time!

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 7, 2020 8:03 AM