none
can't uninstall a program, and win10 can't boot into safe mode RRS feed

• Question

• installed gigabyte app center program, it's very bad, it restart pc if i used it function.

tried to uninstall it, but when it uninstall program prompt something "this app will update something, press to continue"

either i press ok or cancel, the uninstallation is not performed.

i tried to boot int win10 safe mode

but when come to the screen prompting press number or function key, tried press 4 or F4 for safe mode doesn't work.

i guess because my keyboard is usb, it break on that selection screen.

what i wanna do is just to remove/uninstall the "gigabyte app center"

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 10:46 AM

Answers

All replies

• To my knowledge, Gigabyte app center has a bad reputation online, deleting it is a reasonable practice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5m70nr/warning_to_all_gigabyte_motherboard_users_a_new/

Uninstall it via Programs and Features.

If no use, clean boot computer and manually delete the whole folder of Gigabyte app center, then try a registry cleaner.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Gigabyte\AppCenter directory

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 2:38 AM
  • just delete that app folder

no issue so far. not going to bother with registry now

gigabyte has earned my ban list

it will be my 1st and the last product of gigabyte

Thursday, January 11, 2018 4:06 AM
  • A good news, no issue is best.

Please mark your reply to close this case, don't need to change the thread type, and the marked(Conspicuous) reply can help other forum user find out helpful information.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperating.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 11, 2018 6:57 AM