none
Deploying same image on multiple computers without running Sysprep RRS feed

• Question

• Hey so I'm just getting into this whole Windows Deployment using sysprep and dism and all these beautiful tools that microsoft has to offer to make things easier. 

How bad of an idea is it to set up a golden image of a computer I have set up perfectly. This includes google chrome settings home pages and all that good stuff. This also includes Local Group Policy, etc...

I would use DISM to capture-image and create a .wim file.

Then I would use windows PE to partition the drive and install the .wim file.

I have been reading about the SID and the reason why we need to use sysprep to generalize the image before making a .wim file, but its a little confusing to me.

Would applying images this way without using generalize be bad for a classroom of about 30 computers. None of them use servers or anything they are just connected to a local network. Would doing this cause any interference in any way?

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 9:54 PM

All replies

• Hello,

We need to generalize the image to removes unique specific information related to an image and make ready for deployment in different platforms.

Thanks!!

Friday, November 15, 2019 6:46 AM
  • The image would bluescreen.  The bcd contains the hard drive signature.  Unless you used ghost.
    • Edited by JS2010 Tuesday, November 19, 2019 3:44 PM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 3:44 PM