none
Remote Desktop icon of another PC doesn't show up in Network RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have a question about one PC not showing up on my "Network" window. All PCs on Win 10 Pro. First, to set up the problem...

1) The PC that I'm trying to access is on my local network with the correct network name, and has always showed up in my Network window on all machines. I didn't change anything - no auto-updates or other issues at both the PC I'm trying to access *and* at the PC I want to use to access it. It just disappeared from being accessible in the Network window on one PC.

2) This has only happened on this one PC. The PC I'm trying to access shows up in the Network window on all other PCs on my network.

3) The file shares on the PC that I want to access are still there and work just fine from *all* PCs. But the PC icon doesn't show up for the PC that I'm trying to access, so I can't do RDP. (I have also manually entered the PC name in the RDP app and it doesn't connect.)

So, it seems like something happened just on the PC that I'm trying to use to access the other one. Any ideas on how to get the icon for the other PC to show again? Really frustrated! Thanks!

Thursday, May 17, 2018 6:49 PM

All replies

• a question about one PC not showing up on my "Network" window.

Is this just a discovery issue?  E.g. have you tried making a request, knowing it is there?

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, May 17, 2018 9:55 PM
  • Thanks for the tips. I restarted the Function Discovery services on both machines, and now the PC icon shows up on the Network window of the viewing PC. Good step there, because now I can click on it directly and get to my files on the target PC. *However...*

RDP still does not work. It says "Remote Desktop can't find the computer "xxxx""... So it's maybe an RDP issue?

Thanks for the help so far! Half fixed!

Friday, May 18, 2018 6:49 PM