none
Wintrust

General discussion

• I have tried (unsuccessfully) to install Dragon Naturally speaking. I have tried all the fixes by Nuance, but it seems there is a problem with the WinTrust verification system, and Nuance just refers me to Microsoft.

Does anyone have a solution?
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 9:40 AM

All replies

• Do you get any error message, and if so which error message?

Certifications: MCSA 2003 MCSE 2003
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 5:21 PM
  • Were there any other posts on this? 

Here is the error message and what Nuance is saying about it:

The following error message may appear when installing Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10:

Error 1330 - A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file ENUGen~1.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt. Error 24592 was returned by WinVerifyTrust.

They give a couple of suggestions that you can try to reinstall the software, like doing a custom install instead of standard and copying the contents of the installation CD to the local machine and running the setup.exe from there.  I tried both of those and got the same error message.  This is their next suggestion:

If Solution 1 and Solution 2 do not allow a successful installation, there may be problem with Windows WinTrust on the system. The Dragon installer uses Windows WinTrust to verify that the cabinet file's digital signature is valid. In some cases there may be a problem with WinTrust detecting the file's valid digital signature. For more information on WinTrust, please contact Microsoft or the computer's manufacturer.

Any insight would be appreciated--thanks in advance for your help!

Friday, December 4, 2009 9:56 PM
  • This is WAAAY late, but try this:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinTrust\Trust Providers\Software Publishing\state

Change the value of state to 23c00 if it's anything else.

Friday, August 10, 2012 5:34 PM