none
Windows 7 AIK

All replies

• Thank you.

I downloaded it and burned the .iso some time ago.  It looks unchanged from what I already have.  But maybe you can give a little advice?  The online instructions Windows Automated Installation Kit for Windows 7 are hyperlink-nested so deep I cannot stay concentrated to read it.  So I haven't installed it yet.  Can you tell me what to read just to get started and use this thing?  Thanks.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 2:34 AM
  • The Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) User's Guide (Winpe.chm) has some valuable walkthrough's.  It should be in the DOCS\CHMS folder on the DVD.
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 3:28 AM

• Ok, thanks.  Should be interesting, if not challenging.  Or challenging, if not interesting.  All the .chm dates in my kit are 3/21/2009 3:50 pm.  Is that what you're seeing, or should I download new?

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 4:11 AM
  • The new download has dates of 6/10/2009 on the CHMs.  WinPE.chm has a size of 355,537.
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 4:34 AM

• Hmmph.  Good thing you pointed that out.  Notice these .chm's are also dated 3/21   Windows Automated Installation Kit for Windows 7 RC documentation

btw - I just had to manually fix that link.  You know what I'm talking about.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 5:15 AM