none
Windows 10 1903 update stopped allowing Edge to open web sites through local DNS servers. RRS feed

• Question

• After updating some clients with Windows 10 to 1903 Edge will not load web sites and Windows Store doesn´t show content (Code 0x80072EE7). Other browsers continue to work fine such as Chrome/Firefox. If I change my DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 Edge will start to work and the Windows Store works. I need it to work with my local DNS servers (ex. 10.xx.xx.xx) as it does for clients with 1809 on the same domain.

I have tryied several suggestion such as disabling the IP Helper service which didn´t help and reinstalling Edge/Store with the same bad result.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 1:20 PM

All replies

• On those clients which exist Edge and Store issues, try to:

1.Run following powershell command to re-register Store

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command “& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + ‘\AppxManifest.xml’ ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}” .

2.Delete Contents of SoftwareDistribution folder

3.Rebuild user profile

4.Re-join domain

5.Use Edge Dev https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download

Since this issue only appears some clients, please check network status(don't disable IPv6) on these PCs, use clean 1903 iso image to in-place upgrade is also a method.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 1:35 AM
  • I have been working on this issue ever since 1903 was released. We have tryied clean installations, re-registering the store, deleted the content of SoftwareDistribution folder, a completely new setup of user profile and pc, re-joining domain stopping services such as Network location Awareness, Network List Service, IP Helper etc.

We have this problem on every client that has 1903, around 30 client so far. We have stopped publishing 1903 in the company. The Edge Chromium Version 79.0.309.18 (Beta) works just fine and so does all other browsers except for Edge.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 8:31 AM
  • Ok, glad to hear that Edge Chromium Version 79.0.309.18 (Beta) works just fine. You could feedback this situation via Feedback Hub app.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 25, 2019 9:01 AM