none
How do I get an ISO of Vista Home Basic

Question

• Greetings all
    I have a client who has misplaced thier DVD of vista Home. The Liscense number is on the tag on the laptop. My question is how can i obtain a copy or ISO of the Vista Home so that i can reimage this laptop using the clients liscense number?

Thanks for the help
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Saturday, October 06, 2012 5:17 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Announcements)
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 2:13 PM

Answers

• Hello,

According to your problem description, Windows Vista seems to be preinstalled on the laptop and it should be an OEM version product, I must tell you that only the OEM manufacturer can provide you the replacement CD. Please understand that the key version of the CD that should be supplied to you from the OEM is different from the CD that Microsoft can provide. OEM manufacturers tweak Office with customized features and other changes unique to their product lines. Due to this, the CD most suited to your hardware is only available from the OEM.

Again, I understand the frustration that this issue has caused and I wish that it was an issue that I could directly assist you with.

Good Luck!

Andy

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 7:15 AM

All replies

• Hello,

According to your problem description, Windows Vista seems to be preinstalled on the laptop and it should be an OEM version product, I must tell you that only the OEM manufacturer can provide you the replacement CD. Please understand that the key version of the CD that should be supplied to you from the OEM is different from the CD that Microsoft can provide. OEM manufacturers tweak Office with customized features and other changes unique to their product lines. Due to this, the CD most suited to your hardware is only available from the OEM.

Again, I understand the frustration that this issue has caused and I wish that it was an issue that I could directly assist you with.

Good Luck!

Andy

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 7:15 AM
  • You should be able to access the system restore partition by hitting the "Ctrl" and the "F11" keys

Most Manufacturers put the partition in the new laptops and Desktops too, some people still do not realize

thats what they are for,,

Good Luck !!

HotRod420

Friday, October 05, 2012 8:21 AM